Slow Forum

Muggy

Question

13 answers to this question

Is the forum going slow for anyone else? Might just be me - no issues on other sites though.

Working just fine here.

Maybe something to do with the banner ad servers? Or have you annoyed any mods lately?

I have found it really slow recently. Went into my Task Manager and noticed that Flash Player is being used whilst on P&B, and when I have a few pages open it takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Take it if you subscribe this would go away? I 'force quit' Flash to speed things up but anytime I open a new thread it begins again.

I have found it really slow recently. Went into my Task Manager and noticed that Flash Player is being used whilst on P&B, and when I have a few pages open it takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Take it if you subscribe this would go away? I 'force quit' Flash to speed things up but anytime I open a new thread it begins again.

I assume so. I can't see Flash Player running at the moment.

Websites that use streamed Flash ads are generally chronically slow. At least Div gives the option of sticking him a quick bung to cut that shit out :P

I take it you read the small print about the mandatory (and legally-binding) contributions to Div's hot tub fund?

Aside from that, you get access to the Platinum Forum, which naebdy uses. Div claimed there were going to be some special competitions in there, and there are some roasters who'll tell you that we get massages from Eastern European supermodels, but IT'S ALL LIES, DAMMIT! :angry:

It's basically to get rid of the ads. I'd rather not piss about with adblockers again, so it's fair enough with me.

I take it you read the small print about the mandatory (and legally-binding) contributions to Div's hot tub fund?

Aside from that, you get access to the Platinum Forum, which naebdy uses. Div claimed there were going to be some special competitions in there, and there are some roasters who'll tell you that we get massages from Eastern European supermodels, but IT'S ALL LIES, DAMMIT! :angry:

It's basically to get rid of the ads. I'd rather not piss about with adblockers again, so it's fair enough with me.

Do we all get to use the hot tub at some point?

Signed up now and the site is already a million times faster (maybe a bit of an exaggeration).

It's working fine for me expect when trying to make a post that is more than a couple of sentences long. In fact, I ended up typing my comments on our game today in a Word document and copied it over.

Do we all get to use the hot tub at some point?

Aye, certainly, in due course. At the appropriate juncture, when the moment is right. In the fullness of time. I expect the rota will be posted any day now.

It's working fine for me expect when trying to make a post that is more than a couple of sentences long. In fact, I ended up typing my comments on our game today in a Word document and copied it over.

Jings; never seen it that bad. Are you sure you aren't browsing on your maw's old Windows 98 PC? :wacko:

Archived