Lanark Utd chat 15/16

graemeb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased to be able to take in my first Lanark game of the season at an away venue given that I am banned by the Chairman to watch home games.

Thought Lanark deserved to take a point from today's fixture. Had a couple of chances near the end but Gow scored from the quality move of the game.

Pleased to be able to take in my first Lanark game of the season at an away venue given that I am banned by the Chairman to watch home games.

Thought Lanark deserved to take a point from today's fixture. Had a couple of chances near the end but Gow scored from the quality move of the game.

You were spared on Monday night then? Lucky you! Spill the beans BC. What did you get your arse felt for?

Superb, you deserve a medal. I'm sure the players were grateful for that.

I suspect that part of the problem was it was going to our departing Captain. Can't think why else something designed to benefit the Club would have provoked such a reaction otherwise.

Poor show from the Lanark Committee again

BC17s posts always good to read and your support for your team is never in question, no wonder they do not get the support from the locals in Lanark

listening to some of the Lanark punters over the years, problem definitely lies with committee and with chairman who is reluctant to step down and insists on still running the show and not moving with times,

They could do worse than come over to the Gow and learn from the Irving brothers on how to run a junior club with the full support of the community

These clowns cannot ban you from watching your team BC17 and you keep watching your team buddy

Allan Mac I think to call the committee clowns is very disrespectful. They are a very hardworking committee whos life is Lanark. As for going to gow to learn lol don't think they need that. Lanark is a very well run club and Tam does a great job and devotes his own money into the club. To be honest would be great to get this disagreement sorted but on here is not the place for it in my opinion. Let's just hope the team can produce the good this year. Early signs are good.

I've been away on business for past couple of days, hence only just getting back on here.

I have no desire for The Chairman or the Lanark committee to be slagged off. The following is part of a post I made on our website on the evening we were relegated entitled 'Onwards and Upwards'

"I have enjoyed watching the team this season, despite the outcome, and I hope that the guys stick together to help us bounce straight back up. I'd like to thank all of the squad and both management teams for their efforts. I hope John and his team stick with us as I like his approach and I like the fun he also brings to proceedings.

Thanks also to our Committee, without whom we would not have a club. Geordie's pitch is still one of THE best around and well done to Stevie for making The Pillans lounge such a popular spot."

I stand by this despite the unfortunate turn of events. Our Chairman and committee, in common with so many others, work their socks of to keep our club going.

I won't elaborate on what happened and regret publicising the reason why I have missed more games this season than all of last. Despite all my experience you never stop learning!

I shall still be watching games most weekends and will be posting my neutral observations from wherever we pitch up.

• 3 weeks later...

Lanark website reports that Nicky Millar has left the club.

A grafter and someone who could produce something up front. An impact player. Good luck to him when he signs up with another club.

Likewise , Greg Kane, whom I believe has also moved on. I hope he does well. Nice boy who didn't create enough opportunities for himself to get an extended run in the team, partially due to injury. A young lad who can still make a mark in Junior football.

Archived