Friendly updates

Moondancer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very early mate and friendlies can be tough to judge with all the changes made from either team.

I have to admit though that I'm really impressed with all our new signings and all are showing up really well this early despite friendlies not being all about results.

COTM

I think Jamie Campbell is an excellent player at this level and was really sorry when Clydebank lost him.

Darvel 3-2 Larkhall.

First half even, second saw Larkhall dominated. However, Larkhall a team full of absolute tosspots.

Was the keeper involved? ???? Big guy gets a lot of negative press.

I think Jamie Campbell is an excellent player at this level and was really sorry when Clydebank lost him.

He's looking like a very good player and very dangerous already .

I remember him as a slight built boy in Partick thistle youths and he's really filled out and looks like a really strong runner and also very intelligent on the ball.

COTM

What sort of crowd was at the game can anyone tell

Me as I predicted there would be a good turn out as two very good teams

No that good. 250-300 my guess as plenty of room in the enclosure when the rain came lashing down which left about 10 brave souls over at the dugout side.

Fairly comfortable win for 'Bot.

St Andrews 4 Shettleston 0

Game came to life in the 2nd half with The saints scoring 2 just after the restart... but overall the east based referee favoured the east based team.. some shocking decisions especially the red cards shown to the Town players... merited yes but other players involved should have walked...

Very competitive game for a friendly. Good to see Darvel building a side that can cope with teams who set out to intimidate. Keeper hides his lack of ability by challenging opposition players and supporters to fight. Strange that a good club like Larkhall would want associated with a character like that. Must be short of cover for the number 1 jersey.

Played at Shotts when he was younger, and I have to say he was a fine keeper. Probably still is a good keeper.

Always prone to the odd mad moment, comfortably collect the ball in the box and then deliberately collide with the striker. Then mayhem would normally follow.

He's been wrongly accused on here with starting a fight a while back but he was infact the peacemaker.

Asking for fights with the general public is jail bait material. It's a pity because he had talent.

Archived