Superscoreboard theme tune

Has Clyde Superscoreboard had its budget slashed?

The original theme tune has been replaced with an abomination that sounds like it was played on a Casio keyboard from Tandy.

And the podcast is now un-edited and includes all the guff adverts and useful traffic reports from the previous day.

First world dilemma, but I may now be forced to listen to Rob McLean - Mr Personality - on Radio Scotland's podcast instead.

:(

Maybe next year the theme tune will just be the sound of Derek Johnstone doing a massive fart.

It would improve the content. Only hear it in other people's cars. Cowan and Cosgrove have no right to say they are the least informed show while idiots like Dalziel are given air time.

I lost count of how many times McAvennie said on Superscoreboard "A cannae pronounce the boy's name? The defender. Ye know, the wan from Belgium."

Brilliant. Just put that on a loop with some drum and bass and you have the new theme tune.

I lost count of how many times McAvennie said on Superscoreboard "A cannae pronounce the boy's name? The defender. Ye know, the wan from Belgium."

Brilliant. Just put that on a loop with some drum and bass and you have the new theme tune.

Why do you listen to it?

I put it on now and then when I come in from work but refuse to listen to it when there's a burd hosting it. Why are guys phoning up asking fucking Sheelagh McLaren how she thinks Celtic will line up against fucking Caramac. Gordon 'no offence to the other teams' Dalziel and Hugh 'west coast of Scotland mentality' Keevins are p***ks.Apart from that it's a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

Getting back to the theme tune, I think it's maybe a Bontempi, not a Casio keyboard. The shows is okay to listen to during the commute home. All I really wanted to point out was that the new version of the theme tune is turd, and that it sound cheap and nasty - like one of DJ's scud mags from the 70s.

I can appreciate if you're not an old firm fan, then the show is crap, because it is so Old Firm-centric, and some of the pundits are rank, but Radio Scotland's show with Rob McLean is too dry. It would be good if there was a nightly phone-in that straddled both shows and had a good sense of humour to it. An off the ball style phone in every night, perhaps.

I can appreciate if you're not an old firm fan, then the show is crap, because it is so Old Firm-centric, and some of the pundits are rank, but Radio Scotland's show with Rob McLean is too dry. It would be good if there was a nightly phone-in that straddled both shows and had a good sense of humour to it. An off the ball style phone in every night, perhaps.

I don't think there are any pundits on that show that I have thought are any good.

Archived