Championship Fantasy Fitba 2015/16

Morning folks! After an interesting start to the season, the points lists have been compiled and are ready to be entered into the system. Just waiting on SLJ to make me an admin on the Fantastar website....once this has been done, I will enter the points as quickly as possible.

The top three on the points list this week were Lee Wallace (11), Iain Russell (10) and Willie Gibson ( 8 *), so congratulations to anyone who picked these doyens of footballing mastery. At the bottom of the pile, four players managed to end up with -4 points: St Mirren's Baird and Kelly, Alloa's Reintam and Livi's Sives. Commiserations to anyone who picked these carthorses, but better luck next time.

The average amount of points for each team this week was 1.4, with the highest being Raith (2.9) and the lowest being Livingston (0.4).

*Edit to add: Kevin Cuthbert (Raith) also received 8 points.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wighton set up Stewart, Anderson's cross won Raith's penalty (if that counts) and Craigen set up Megginson.

McMullan assisted Howieson for our goal last night.

Forbes set up our goal. There's a bit of confusion over the goalscorer but someone on .org said that the goalcam shows it was Peter McDonald's goal.

Thanks for the help folks. I've given Forbes and McMullan the assists and McDonald and Howieson the goals. McGuigan1978 - I'm not counting the cross for the penalty. I've counted Stewart, McCord and Megginson's goals, and Craigen's assist. I don't think I'm going to count the Wighton move as an assist, as the match report on the Raith Rovers website states that it was intended as a shot on goal by him, the ball then falling to Stewart by chance. I'm not sure if this is usually counted as an assist, but for the purposes of this Fantasy League, I think it will be easier if all assist are intentional. Does this sound fair?

Do you actually have to go and manually enter the points? Would have thought the website would have done that for you?

It's all manual on Fantastar. Since they don't have a direct connection to stats for each football league, it is up to the admin to enter all player names and then all points for each player, every week. SLJ added the players to the league, but I will be adding the points. Would normally be a bit tedious, but it's actually fairly fun considering I'm living on the other side of the world just now and missing our wee league no end!

Leaving the office now and unfortunately still not received authorization to post the points...the earliest I can now do this is Wednesday. Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience...starting from next week, the updates will indeed be every Monday!

Alright folks, the points have all been entered. What happens now is that SLJ (as Admin) will confirm the points, and then they will all be added to your scores at midnight tonight. Good luck! As mentioned before, from now on all points will be added on the Monday following games, and then they will be added to your scores at midnight on the Monday. I've noticed a few players missing from squad lists so I've asked SLJ to add these to the teams, in case any of you should want someone like Chopra or McGinn on your teams by saturday.

Cheers,

TOF

Just a quick stats rundown before the scores are published at midnight:

Player of the week is Mr Tavernier of Sevco, on 10 points.

Last week's POTW , Lee Wallace, got 0 points after his yellow card and one goal conceded cancels out his goal assist.

Still riding high is 2-star Willie Gibson of Dumbarton who, after a fantastic score last week, managed a reasonable 3 points, even after getting a yellow card. Will he manage to keep up the good work? 22 of you seem to think so, and he's definitely next on my transfer list.

Too many players are on similar scores this week to make a definitive team of the week, but special mention to goalies Oxley, Thomson and Rogers, all on 8 points, as well as Miller of Rangers (8 points), Gray of Hibs (7 points), Kerr of Falkirk (6 points), Agnew of St Mirren (6 points) and Holt of Rangers (6 points).

Worst performing player this week is easily Benedictus of Raith, after his yellow card, red card and goal conceded landed him -8. Commiserations for the 6 of you who have him on your team, even after a scoreless result last weekend.

Five players from Alloa ended up with -3: Hamilton, Hill, McAusland, Marr and McNeil.

Archived