Championship Fantasy Fitba 2015/16

Good morning,

Slightly later than planned, I am pleased to announce the 2015/16 Championship version of Fantasy Fitba. This is a co-operative Fantasy Fitba game run by myself and "The Other Foot". The Other Foot has done most of the leg work in preparation for this game but at the moment he is away with work. Anyone who is familiar with the Scottish Premiership version of the game for this season or last will see a lot of similarities with the way those games are run, and this.

Having used Fantastar for the entirety of last season, I can say that it is an excellent resource for us to run a fantasy football competition game in terms of how long it will take us to update.

The game is free to enter for anyone who wishes to play, although after the first 200 entries players are not guaranteed a slot.

There is no prize for this game. It is done for fun and enjoyment and to fill a gap in the lack of Fantasy Football games there are for Scottish Football.

Scoring:

The scoring system is one thing I can't change in the Fantastar set up and is consistent with the Premiership games. It's listed in the below spoiler.

All players score:
2 points for an appearance(starting or substitute)
2 points for an assist
-3 points for a yellow card
-6 points for a red card

A Goalkeeper will score:
5 points for a goal scored
6 points for a clean sheet*
-1 point for every goal conceded

A defender will score:
3 points for a clean sheet*

A midfielder will score:
4 points for a goal scored

A striker will score:
3 points for a goal scored

Defenders must be on the pitch for 30 minutes(excluding any injury time) to qualify for a clean sheet bonus.

Transfers:

Players have 40 transfers to use through the season, which essentially equates to 1 per gameweek with 2 "jokers" for use through the season. There is no limit as to how many transfers you can use at one time, it is up to each player's discretion, but if you use all 40 by Christmas, you will NOT get any more to see you through to the end of the season.

Transfers need to be made before midnight on the day before a game - so Friday midnight for a game played on a Saturday.

Picking a Team:

One formation to choose from 4-4-2

You have a transfer budget of 40 stars to assemble your squad. When you click the link for the website(located at the end of the post), you will see that each player has been given a star value between 1 and 5. You have 40 stars available to spend on players. You are able to pick a maximum of 3 players from each SPFL Championship team.

How to Play:

You'll need to set up an account with Fantastar to play in this game. The easiest way to do that is by clicking the link below:

http://www.fantastar.com/General/uageLeagueSummaryPage.aspx?strLeaguePassword=002299Scotti860831

The league password is: 002299Scotti860831

Should the link expire, then you can join by following these few steps:

Go to Fantastar.com

Grassroots

Entering the password when prompted.

Notes:

Mini leagues. You can create mini league's on the website allowing you to compete against friends and workmates in your own private battle.

If there are any players for your team that we have missed and should be available for selection then simply suggest them on this thread and We'll update the game.

The valuations are made by The Other Foot. The 40 star limit means that no-one should really find it a struggle to get a half decent team.

There will be weekly automated E-Mail bulletins sent out when the scores are run through. To switch these off go to the team selection screen, team details and uncheck the box.

There is apparently a limit of 200 players in this Fantasy Football league, but last year we got 300+ playing so hopefully the same happens again.

Only league games are eligible for points. Cup games do NOT count. Playoff games do NOT count.

Players can only score points for the club they are playing for. Therefore should Scott Allan sign for Rangers and start scoring goals, only people who had the Scott Allan from the Rangers team will score points. The players with Scott Allan from the

Hibernian team would not.

Players who played last year should be able to use the same log in details as last year. You'll need to "join a new league" to get access to this seasons competition.

If you have any problems registering or any other questions simply pop them in here and I'll do my best to answer them. If you can register no problem then that'd also be nice to know!

Good luck

SLJ and TOF

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league is filling up nicely so far.

My team:

Similar to mine actually:

Thomson (QOS)

Tavernier (Rangers) Naismith (St Mirren) Gray (Hibs) Waters (Dumbarton)

Agnew (St Mirren) Tidser (Morton) Halliday (Rangers) Gibson (Dumbarton)

Waghorn (Rangers) Cummings (Hibernian)

Good morning,

Slightly later than planned, I am pleased to announce the 2015/16 Championship version of Fantasy Fitba. This is a co-operative Fantasy Fitba game run by myself and "The Other Foot". The Other Foot has done most of the leg work in preparation for this game but at the moment he is away with work. Anyone who is familiar with the Scottish Premiership version of the game for this season or last will see a lot of similarities with the way those games are run, and this.

Having used Fantastar for the entirety of last season, I can say that it is an excellent resource for us to run a fantasy football competition game in terms of how long it will take us to update.

The game is free to enter for anyone who wishes to play, although after the first 200 entries players are not guaranteed a slot.

There is no prize for this game. It is done for fun and enjoyment and to fill a gap in the lack of Fantasy Football games there are for Scottish Football.

Scoring:

The scoring system is one thing I can't change in the Fantastar set up and is consistent with the Premiership games. It's listed in the below spoiler.

All players score:

2 points for an appearance(starting or substitute)

2 points for an assist

-3 points for a yellow card

-6 points for a red card

A Goalkeeper will score:

6 points for a clean sheet*

A defender will score:

3 points for a clean sheet*

A midfielder will score:

4 points for a goal scored

A striker will score:

3 points for a goal scored

Defenders must be on the pitch for 30 minutes(excluding any injury time) to qualify for a clean sheet bonus.

Transfers:

Players have 40 transfers to use through the season, which essentially equates to 1 per gameweek with 2 "jokers" for use through the season. There is no limit as to how many transfers you can use at one time, it is up to each player's discretion, but if you use all 40 by Christmas, you will NOT get any more to see you through to the end of the season.

Transfers need to be made before midnight on the day before a game - so Friday midnight for a game played on a Saturday.

Picking a Team:

One formation to choose from 4-4-2

You have a transfer budget of 40 stars to assemble your squad. When you click the link for the website(located at the end of the post), you will see that each player has been given a star value between 1 and 5. You have 40 stars available to spend on players. You are able to pick a maximum of 3 players from each SPFL Championship team.

How to Play:

You'll need to set up an account with Fantastar to play in this game. The easiest way to do that is by clicking the link below:

http://www.fantastar.com/General/uageLeagueSummaryPage.aspx?strLeaguePassword=002299Scotti860831

The league password is: 002299Scotti860831

Should the link expire, then you can join by following these few steps:

Go to Fantastar.com

Grassroots

Entering the password when prompted.

Notes:

Mini leagues. You can create mini league's on the website allowing you to compete against friends and workmates in your own private battle.

If there are any players for your team that we have missed and should be available for selection then simply suggest them on this thread and We'll update the game.

The valuations are made by The Other Foot. The 40 star limit means that no-one should really find it a struggle to get a half decent team.

There will be weekly automated E-Mail bulletins sent out when the scores are run through. To switch these off go to the team selection screen, team details and uncheck the box.

There is apparently a limit of 200 players in this Fantasy Football league, but last year we got 300+ playing so hopefully the same happens again.

Only league games are eligible for points. Cup games do NOT count. Playoff games do NOT count.

Players can only score points for the club they are playing for. Therefore should Scott Allan sign for Rangers and start scoring goals, only people who had the Scott Allan from the Rangers team will score points. The players with Scott Allan from the

Hibernian team would not.

Players who played last year should be able to use the same log in details as last year. You'll need to "join a new league" to get access to this seasons competition.

If you have any problems registering or any other questions simply pop them in here and I'll do my best to answer them. If you can register no problem then that'd also be nice to know!

Good luck

SLJ and TOF

It's coming up that my session has timed out!!? What do I do?

Is there a way to change your team name? Accidentally went forward before I was finished typing.

Go to My Team, click on Team Details and you can change it there.

Entered. Haven't heard of a couple of my players but liked their names.

Just seen I only used 33 stars out of a possible 40... Oh well :)

Went for:

Oxley (Hibs)

Gray (Hibs)

Gordon (Livi)

Wilson (Rangers)

Tavernier (Rangers)

McManus (Alloa)

Sibbald (Falkirk)

Holt (Rangers)
Agnew (St Mirren)

Mitchell (Alloa)

Cummings (Hibs)

In two minds on whether too switch out McManus for someone else but big Geoff Mitchell will definitely pitch in with goals this season if he keeps up current form.

Archived