Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 8th August

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mighty BRE could be a dark horse for the fans favourite tag. Refs will be too scared to send him off.

Wee Faissal could be our talisman. He was improving as everyone else was in a slump late last season. With the Moff next to him plus a couple of wingers he'll have the freedom to do real damage, rather than trying to have to do everything himself.

Can't see Hutton playing enough to allow fans to have a strong opinion of him. This year's Goodfellow.

Brechin can't be too confident going into this one after being ridden 3-0 on their own patch by Peterhead. This coming Saturday could be pivotal in how this game goes, if we can manage a good result against Cowden and Brechin have another shiter at Ayr, the confidence in each camp will be the polar opposites of each other.

15/4 for Pars -1 looks like a fantastic price just now, I'll say 2-0 away win. That prediction may change on Saturday evening.

Moffat surely has to be up there for boo boy favourite? Especially if his goals record is as abysmal as it was last season.

Byrne strikes me as a fairly neutral player in the eyes of the fans, not a favourite by any means yet not a scapegoat either. Hutton's likely to be second choice, so his game time will probably be limited meaning he's not a value bet IMO.

Edit: Agree with the shouts of BRE, Cardle and El Bak being the most favoured by the support, although Talbot being an absolute mentalist will probably make him a fans favourite tbh

Will be my first visit to Brechin on Saturday also.

I'd rather be out all the cups asap and concentrate on getting out of this division but because it's Cowdenbeath and at home then anything other than a win on Saturday and the feel good factor is gone already.

Joe Cardle will be a fans favourite. The nonsense saga on .net had blown his legend way over and above what is necessary.

Really looking forward to this one. A good game to start with as should be a tough test.

Agree that BRE could become a fans favourite. The panic he caused the Arbroath defence during a couple of corners in the first half was brilliant to watch. Agree also that Talbot could be a favourite due to being a big mental dirty b*****d. When I heard about his red against Hibs I laughed. I hope to see him put in a good few genuinely appalling challenges this seaaon.

Part of the art of being a football fan is being able to defend the indefensible. We need an animal in the team, we've been too long without. As pars fans we've lost that skill and it's a damn shame.

I know he'll be available for this game but I'd prefer to rest Talbot so he is available to boot Colin Nish in the face in the following game. His suspensions should be timed so he is available for face booting duties against Stevie Bell, Jim McInally, Andy Barrowman, Dick Campbell and maybe a lackadaisical ballboy.

Why would anyone wish ill on Barrowman? It didn't work out second time around but he's still a good c**t.

If you don't want your team to do well in the cups then you'd be as well giving up on football. Challenge Cup is fairly rubbish but it would still be nice to win and I'd absolutely love to see us go deep into either of the bigger cups.

Archived