BSC Pre-season is over

Craigyboy

Pleased that the season is only 5 days away now....a couple more training sessions and we are good to go for the start of our league campaign...

On reflection our pre-season was decent and the levels of fitness throughout the squad has improved dramatically. We integrated 6 new signings into our squad and also got a brand new 20s squad together so for all the coaching staff it's been a hectic couple of months. Kingy and myself are delighted with our new look side and Mark Adams and Jamie Hamilton have done a great job with the younger squad with 4 or 5 of them been in with the first team already.

Got to say that apart from the game against Queens Park we have not put a good 90 mins performance in yet...a half or an hour but still to hit full stride, I guess that's what pre-season is all about. Who knows what the season will bring but I am sure it will be as competitive as ever.

Bring it on troops and I look forward to seeing some friends and foes in the weeks ahead.

Pleased that the season is only 5 days away now....a couple more training sessions and we are good to go for the start of our league campaign...

On reflection our pre-season was decent and the levels of fitness throughout the squad has improved dramatically. We integrated 6 new signings into our squad and also got a brand new 20s squad together so for all the coaching staff it's been a hectic couple of months. Kingy and myself are delighted with our new look side and Mark Adams and Jamie Hamilton have done a great job with the younger squad with 4 or 5 of them been in with the first team already.

Got to say that apart from the game against Queens Park we have not put a good 90 mins performance in yet...a half or an hour but still to hit full stride, I guess that's what pre-season is all about. Who knows what the season will bring but I am sure it will be as competitive as ever.

Bring it on troops and I look forward to seeing some friends and foes in the weeks ahead.

Our pre was similar, it was about getting the new lads in & I've seen all but 1 of our games so far but I've seen the progression, your right Craigy, it's good to have this warm up but the real thing starts on Saturday, well Sunday for us.

Looking forward as always to our trip(s) over to yours & your return to ours. Cracking fixtures & with both teams adding to the squads will be good to see how we all compete.

Good luck for the season (except when we play you of course ;) )

Grimbo

Grim O'Grady, the league has improved in quality year on year and I am sure it will be better again....looking forward to seeing what Cumbernauld are like. Should be a real strong challenge from the west this season.

• 2 weeks later...
You looking to step up?

I see no answer but if in dug oot tonight must be a sure fire contender SN.

You would've thought it a world cup final wi their passion.

Impressed wi ginger lad up front,thought ww edged 1st half but 2nd half BSC deserved winners

The Bsc set pieces were far more dangerous than ours,we lost silly goal from setpieces,surely a weakness we got to work on.

Keane for ww yet again our mom though Devlin could've been contender. Easy when ye start to ken who's who :D

Howay lads gimme someone else to pick oot on a matchday???

First of all, congratulations to the colts good team run by good people but bsc glasgow were shocking thats the worst I've seen it was a pretty even first half and i thought bsc where on top in the second half when the goal keeper made a howling mistake although we have not said that often about him after that bsc pounded the colts goal but the finishing was absolutely shocking and of course they go straight up the park and get a dodgy second goal which was a hand ball all the way but after that bsc were all over the place but the third goal was shocking defending the colts left back who was their best player ran from the half way line unchallenged and slotted it by our keeper, i can't understand how after a great fighting performance on Wednesday v ww how a team can perform so badly on the next match but I'm sure the guys will knuckle down at training this week and will be ready for next week, as for the colts they will win their fair share of matches this season

First of all, congratulations to the colts good team run by good people but bsc glasgow were shocking thats the worst I've seen it was a pretty even first half and i thought bsc where on top in the second half when the goal keeper made a howling mistake although we have not said that often about him after that bsc pounded the colts goal but the finishing was absolutely shocking and of course they go straight up the park and get a dodgy second goal which was a hand ball all the way but after that bsc were all over the place but the third goal was shocking defending the colts left back who was their best player ran from the half way line unchallenged and slotted it by our keeper, i can't understand how after a great fighting performance on Wednesday v ww how a team can perform so badly on the next match but I'm sure the guys will knuckle down at training this week and will be ready for next week, as for the colts they will win their fair share of matches this season

I can't believe you wrote all that without using 1 full stop but used 2 commas :lol:

#PrayfortheBSCfamily

Credit to Cumbernauld Colts....they played well...we just did not turn up on the day. BSC are far better than that as we have proved this season already. You get days Like that through a season, it is now about how our group react to it and move forward. The Colts will do well this season and are run by a good group of people, they are a great addition to the Lowland League.

Archived