Stirling vs Airdrie

Binos123sam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie are here for the taking I reckon, but defend like we did up in Elgin then we have no chance.

Also I'm sure Cox is excited about playing us :lol:

Don't think Airdrieonians are their for the taking, even after losing 3-1 to Annan away.

It will be a difficult game and I echo the comments from other posts that I hope we perform better than against Elgin.

Having home advantage will help, but we must step up to have any chance of beating them.

Can see us scoring but the question is can we stop them from scoring and that's the problem we have.

Prediction Albion 2 Airdrieonians 1 I hope !

Looking forward to the game, it's the season kicking off for me as I couldn't make last weeks trip up to Elgin.

I actually fancy Airdrie for a Play Off spot this year and I can't help but be impressed with the squad that Bollan has built there, so it's going to be a tough game for us.

On paper, and going by the Hearts friendly, I think we should be much improved on last seasons squad, and actually look like a team that should be playing in the league above so hopefully it'll be a tough game for Airdrie also.

With defeat to Elgin last weekend, the pressure really is on McLaren from a section of our support who can't wait to say "I told you so", a win here would be a great confidence booster for the whole club before the season kicking off.

According to the Albion website, Kevin McKinlay and Ross McMillian will miss Airdrie game due to injury. Ross MacGeachie is rated as doubtful as well.

Positive side Stephen Doris is fit although he faces a scan on his knee which was slightly swollen after training last Thursday which caused him to miss the Elgin game (Hope this does not turn into a repeat of last season when Doris was injured most of it)

So that means the defence that let in 3 goals last week at Elgin will start, hopefully they will play better as a unit.

As stated previously difficult game against Airdrie but hopefully we can get past them to march into the 2nd round for a change this season.

Sticking with my prediction Albion 2 Airdrie 1 :thumsup2

So that means the defence that let in 3 goals last week at Elgin will start, hopefully they will play better as a unit.

Unless we play a 3-2-3-2 like I suggested,then we only need to play one of the centre backs from Saturday

McKinlay had a shocker the last time we played you at Forthbank.

I honestly don't know what to expect this week. Hopefully they go full strength and play O'Neill at left back, ideally: Parry; Van Zanten, Lithgow, Crighton, O'Neill; McAleer, Gilfillan, McBride, Morton; Prunty, Morgan/Cox/Sumsky.

Hopefully we can eek out a win and get a cup run going, probably to culminate in an away draw to Raith or Dundee Utd as it always does in this competition

It would be different if it wasn't for injuries

I strongly doubt your formation would work against a team from a higher divison even if we had a fully fit squad. Defensively asking for trouble.

Archived