Celtic v Ross County 1st Aug

The traditional curtain raiser to the season as the champions fly the league flag at the traditional kick off time of 12-45 saturday lunchtime :angry:

Obviously the cannibal kid is suspended so Griffiths will probably start where im backing him to grab a brace and one from GMS in a, hopefuly straightforward 3-0 with the crucial second leg in Azerberjan a few days later

Discuss

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I am not convinced by our squad and I fully expect us to keep up our tradition of starting the season woefully. 3-0 Celtic, shoplifter/thumb/bigot to score a hat-trick.

Gonna watch this in a bar in Inverness wi some pals and will no doubt be outnumbered 10 to 1 by annoying Celtic c***s who have been to Parkhead less times than I have and I'll have to listen to them complain that their team only put three past us.

Anyone know who's raising the flag this year? Not seen anything about it so far

The club did contact me but I had to decline because I am washing my lush head of hair that morning. :)

As for the game ?, a routine 3 points in an iffy first match of the league campaign giving Standfree03 a platform to be an obnoxious smell on the thread. :thumsup2

From a County PoV it'll be interesting to see how Jim approaches this. As annoyingly for Celtic as poss I'd expect.

Oh good. Qarabag playing for a 0-0 and Celtic really struggling to break them down was so entertaining I'm looking forward to a repeat.

Oh good. Qarabag playing for a 0-0 and Celtic really struggling to break them down was so entertaining I'm looking forward to a repeat.

I doubt he'll set up a defensive team, hasn't done that since he came to the club even when every point was vital for survival. He'll rely on high energy, trying to break down attacks quickly and turn defence into attack. Could be suicidal but unlikely to be boring unless it goes badly and you get tired of Celtic scoring...

I doubt he'll set up a defensive team, hasn't done that since he came to the club even when every point was vital for survival.

Apart from the 0-0 at CP. Billy Dodds called that a "tactical" game in a column last week and hinted that it might be another tactical game.

Apart from the 0-0 at CP. Billy Dodds called that a "tactical" game in a column last week and hinted that it might be another tactical game.

I was trying to keep them interested, and kind of hoping we'd go for it...

The traditional curtain raiser to the season as the champions fly the league flag at the traditional kick off time of 12-45 saturday lunchtime :angry:

Obviously the cannibal kid is suspended so Griffiths will probably start where im backing him to grab a brace and one from GMS in a, hopefuly straightforward 3-0 with the crucial second leg in Azerberjan a few days later

Discuss

How much for a portion of weetabix at Celtic Park, and is a 'regular' portion 4 pieces like it is up north?

What a chore it must be to support a team with 20-25x the salary budget of the opposition.

What Scottish football and Celtic really need, allegedly, is another big team to be their rivals, can't see one though...

What a chore it must be to support a team with 20-25x the salary budget of the opposition.

You'll have read Jonathan Wilson's piece in issue 15 of The Blizzard where he talks about the joys of supporting a team for whom winning is the exception, not the rule? Really interesting stuff. It must be really dull supporting a team who are just expected to win all the time.

Archived