Falkirk vs East Fife

Marshmallo

Their keeper was useless, spilled stuff all day.

Will Vaulks is my favourite player, but he was rightly hooked today; absolutely nothing he tried was of any use, bar that one shot.

Smith did well, had their left back on toast, but they doubled up on him well and nullified him mostly.

Kevin Smith pretty much ran it for them, reminded me of Craig Brewster in the twilight of his career.

Anyway, pish entertainment, but we're through, sore one for the Fife to take I think.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just home, thought Kev Smith goal was well taken and unlucky with his free kick.

Who was no 17 for you...Smith??? Though he played really well

It was a great free kick. Yes, 17 was David Smith. He was pretty horrible last season so not a starter, but I think there's a player in there...

Kerr needs benched, he's just not good enough. Why Vaulks was hooked in favour of that imposter I don't know. Taking Sibbs off was right though.

Smith has been a revelation in the two pre season games at home and then again today. Adds a bit of direct running, proper width and crossing.

Not overly convinced by Watson or Muirhead yet, good to see both McHugh and Baird off the mark early on. Still would like to see a target man signed.

Ferguson on the radio was saying the result was a bit harsh on the EF keeper. I thought it was harsh on a well-marshalled outfield team but I thought the keeper was atrocious.

Kerr needs benched ??? On one competitive performance ..have a word with yourself. Kerr was excellent when he came back last season & will be good again this...he's not the player he was granted but he's still a great midfield option

Kerr needs benched ??? On one competitive performance ..have a word with yourself. Kerr was excellent when he came back last season & will be good again this...he's not the player he was granted but he's still a great midfield option

Kerr is past it.

He was garbage in every pre season game I saw as well. Would rather have Vaulks holding with someone pacier in front.

Very decent performance for the most part from us, albeit we conceded an extremely soft goal early on. We competed head for head for the first hour very well but understandably faded towards the end. Falkirk shaded it and have to be commended for their commitment to playing the passing game, no complaints about the outcome, although the third goal gave the scoreline a flattering slant.

If we can keep this squad of players injury free there is no reason why we shouldn't be up there challenging for the title this season...

Was happy with us going forward today, but thought we looked a bit poor at the back. Keeper had a mare!

Kevin Smith was our best player by a long shot. Also really impressed by Kyle Wilkie today.

We'll play worse than that this year and take three points.

Was happy with us going forward today, but thought we looked a bit poor at the back. Keeper had a mare!

Kevin Smith was our best player by a long shot. Also really impressed by Kyle Wilkie today.

We'll play worse than that this year and take three points.

I think Wilkie off the ball was just as impressive on the ball, his hi tempo pressing and closing the ball, great passer and mover

Really don't understand the slating of the East Fife keeper.

He made a number of good saves throughout the match and the one he palmed in to the path of McHugh was struck at him from about 12 yards away

He used to play for Dunfermline.

Plus the constant time wasting and smirking at the crowd done it for me.

Loved when the keeper went down in front of the south stand and the east Fife Number 5 starting smirking and laughing at the South stand for rightly being raging. As soon as we scored he ran straight to the half way line knowing if he turned round he'd be getting abuse thrown at him

Pleasing

Loved when the keeper went down in front of the south stand and the east Fife Number 5 starting smirking and laughing at the South stand for rightly being raging. As soon as we scored he ran straight to the half way line knowing if he turned round he'd be getting abuse thrown at him

Pleasing

Forgot about that. Get it right up him, whoever he was.

Archived