Nadir Ciftci Verdict

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 game ban, 2 suspended. Bit of a farce really for biting another player but not unexpected.

Seems to be a bit of confusion now. First tweet was 5 games with 2 suspended but that journalist has made a typo and meant to say 6 games with 2 suspended. It's not been clarified if the 2 suspended games are part of that 6 or are additional games.

It should be much longer, Ciftci has worked some wonders with the disciplinary panel in the last couple of years.

The ban is about half of what it should be. I would still be saying that if he was still our player, I promise.

Depends on the findings, surely chaps.

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Alleged party in breach: Nadir Ciftci (Celtic FC, formerly of Dundee United FC)

Match: Dundee United v Dundee (SPFL Premiership), Sunday 24th May.

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 202: In that the above match you committed an act of Excessive Misconduct by biting Jim McAlister of Dundee FC upon his leg to his injury. That this act constituted an A2 Sending-Off Offence of Violent Conduct as provided for in Section 3 of Annex C to the Judicial Panel Protocol, and was aggravated by the degree of physical violence used.

Outcome: Breach established

Sanction: Eight match suspension to be applied as follows - Six match suspension applied with immediate effect, two matches suspended until the end of season 2015/16 to be applied in the event of any further breach of Rule 202.*

*Suspension applies to all domestic matches

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=15043

5 game ban, 2 suspended. Bit of a farce really for biting another player but not unexpected.

I'm not bothered. But, it's a bit weird he has 2 games suspended - sort of thing that happens with a first offence :lol:

I'm not bothered. But, it's a bit weird he has 2 games suspended - sort of thing that happens with a first offence :lol:

Pretty sure this is his first offence, or at least the first time the SFA have found him guilty of anything. :lol: Kicking Broony's head in, lino-gate, flying elbow on Gary Warren. Anything I've missed?

Pretty sure this is his first offence, or at least the first time the SFA have found him guilty of anything. :lol: Kicking Broony's head in, lino-gate, flying elbow on Gary Warren. Anything I've missed?

I thought lino-gate was someting that happened in fife!

Archived