Best single performance against your club...

Second last game of the 08/09 season when the Maureen's ripped us a new arsehole at TFS to virtually secure their own safety, Dorman was unreal.

^_^

Hard to pick our best player that day. Probably the most one sided game I have ever seen, amazing considering if we didn't win that we were down.

I'll have a think back and attempt a list for every team.

Morgaro Gomis totally controlled a game in a manner rarely seen at Palmerston during Hearts 3-0 thumping of us at Palmy. Could tell way back in the day that Killie beat us 2-1 that Stevie Naismith was going to be a top player. His pace was mesmerising and he finished superbly for his goal. Gary Harkins is another. Looks abit on the heavy side but the way he glides past players is impressive. Aaron Sinclair in the 5-0 drubbing Partick gave us looked the perfect full back. Fast strong and attacking.

The only time I thought Harkins looked good against us was when he was playing for St Mirren in the home cup game. As you say, he just glided by players and I'm sure at one point hit the post after one of those runs. I never witnessed him having a great game for Dundee against us though.

I can't recall many cracking performances against us as I generally don't take note of opposition players, I'm more focussed on our own players. But off the top of my head:-

Dave McGurn for Rovers. He's had some outstanding performances against us. One game at Palmerston he pretty much single-handedly (pun not intended) secured the points a couple of seasons back.

Russell Latapy for Falkirk. He was always quality when he played against us. Absolutely strolled most games.

Lee Miller for Falkirk. I can mind he played a blinder one time against us. I think it was the season they went up. It was the game where he scored a free-kick to top it off.

Mark Millar for Falkirk. I'm sure it was the season before last where we played Falkirk. It was 0-0 but for me he was controlling the midfield and when he went off injured Falkirk were a completely different outfit and looked completely lost.

(Dont laugh) Kevin James for Falkirk. I was a lot younger, but my only memories of the Challenge Cup final in '97 are of the goal, the heartache (my first cup final) and of Kevin James winning absolutely everything in the air and us being unable to get past him. For all I know he may have only won one tackle all game, but my memory is of him being solid that game.

I fucking hate Falkirk :(

I remember Jim McAllister ripping us apart at the Rock for Morton. He was untouchable and I'm fairly certain he had our full-back in tears.

A non-Dumbarton one for me was Ravanelli for Dundee against Clyde, came on in the 70th minute and had a hat-trick by the 80th. He was more than a class above.

Scott Bannerman doesn't cry.

He does, however, get subbed at half-time having already been booked and been let off with another two clear bookable offences after being absolutely ripped for 45 minutes. McAlister was ridiculous that day, but what do you expect when you put Bannerman at full-back?

Scott Bannerman doesn't cry.

He does, however, get subbed at half-time having already been booked and been let off with another two clear bookable offences after being absolutely ripped for 45 minutes. McAlister was ridiculous that day, but what do you expect when you put Bannerman at full-back?

Cheers for reminding me it was Bannerman at right back, as you can see I'd managed to erase his time with us from my memory. He was shite in every position we played him and then he offered a fan a square go in the car park at Peterhead and was thankfully never seen again.

Usually good teams at this level are great teams rather than stand out individuals but a few off the top of my head.

Kris Boyd at the 2008 Scottish Cup Final, scoring a belter of a freekick and crushing my hopes and dreams

James McCarthy nicking a draw for Hamilton in the same season.

A young Derek Riordan in a league Cup game at Easter road 10 years ago, scoring twice in a 2-1 defeat. Scary how much talent has been wasted.

Falkirk in recent years have had a load of players body us, Farid, Sibbald, Latapy, Loy, Daryl Duffy and Daniel McBreen. As long as John Baird doesn't run riot I'll be content.

For some strange reason I seem to John Gemmell for Stenny in the one game that they beat us in 2012/13 had a really good game against and bullied everyone is sight and linked up well. I find it a bit strange that a third tier jobber sticks in my head more than future internationals.

I'm sure Pedro Moutinho scored a hat-trick against us as well for Falkirk in a 4-2 defeat at TFS. It was a few years back now as we were in a temporary stand behind the goal at the time.

Cheers for reminding me it was Bannerman at right back, as you can see I'd managed to erase his time with us from my memory. He was shite in every position we played him and then he offered a fan a square go in the car park at Peterhead and was thankfully never seen again.

He'll always be popular at Cappielow for scoring the goal that won us the Third Division, helped by it being a wonderful team goal involving such ridiculous occurrences as Eddie Annand being skillful and Alex Williams passing it. He was a decent central midfielder in the Third Division, played at right back a few times and was an absolute nightmare there; putting him up against Jim McAlister before McAlister had his skill and invention as a winger coached out of him by Jim McInally was always going to end in disaster.

Alloa - no idea. They gubbed us 4-0 in 2002. Someone will have had a good game.

Dumbarton - a ginger haired guy in 1986 when they won 3-0 at Cappielow early in the season.

Falkirk - Paul Rutherford in the 5-1 home defeat in 1987.

Hibs - Mickey Weir tore Jim Holmes a new one at Cappielow in 1987. Thankfully Hibs' defence was pish even then and it ended 3-3.

Livingston - not a clue. Saw Derek Lilley inspire them to a 3-0 win at Rugby Park once.

Raith Rovers - Gordon Dalziel in their 4-3 win at Cappielow.

QoS - Dobbie getting his perfect hat trick at Cappielow after coming on as a sub.

St. Mirren - Lavety in the 3-0 win (again, at Cappielow) shortly after McInnes left us in 1995.

Alloa - no idea. They gubbed us 4-0 in 2002. Someone will have had a good game.

That's the thing. I couldn't think of an Alloa player either but instantly thought of that game. I think when he get an absolute horsing yer too busy being angry at yer own players. But if ye win by the odd goal and the opposition has a player who was the sole reason for their goals or it's a close game and one player just brings something from nowhere (like the Dobbie QotS) game it sticks in yer mind.

Alloa coulda had a strikeforce of Messi, Ronaldo and Wake that day but I'd still have been ragin' at the lack of protection we got from our midfield or some other nonsense

The only time I thought Harkins looked good against us was when he was playing for St Mirren in the home cup game. As you say, he just glided by players and I'm sure at one point hit the post after one of those runs. I never witnessed him having a great game for Dundee against us though.

I can't recall many cracking performances against us as I generally don't take note of opposition players, I'm more focussed on our own players. But off the top of my head:-

Dave McGurn for Rovers. He's had some outstanding performances against us. One game at Palmerston he pretty much single-handedly (pun not intended) secured the points a couple of seasons back.

Russell Latapy for Falkirk. He was always quality when he played against us. Absolutely strolled most games.

Lee Miller for Falkirk. I can mind he played a blinder one time against us. I think it was the season they went up. It was the game where he scored a free-kick to top it off.

Mark Millar for Falkirk. I'm sure it was the season before last where we played Falkirk. It was 0-0 but for me he was controlling the midfield and when he went off injured Falkirk were a completely different outfit and looked completely lost.

(Dont laugh) Kevin James for Falkirk. I was a lot younger, but my only memories of the Challenge Cup final in '97 are of the goal, the heartache (my first cup final) and of Kevin James winning absolutely everything in the air and us being unable to get past him. For all I know he may have only won one tackle all game, but my memory is of him being solid that game.

I fucking hate Falkirk :(

That has been the best/loudest away support at the stadium by a country mile as well.

That's the thing. I couldn't think of an Alloa player either but instantly thought of that game. I think when he get an absolute horsing yer too busy being angry at yer own players. But if ye win by the odd goal and the opposition has a player who was the sole reason for their goals or it's a close game and one player just brings something from nowhere (like the Dobbie QotS) game it sticks in yer mind.

Alloa coulda had a strikeforce of Messi, Ronaldo and Wake that day but I'd still have been ragin' at the lack of protection we got from our midfield or some other nonsense

Now that I think on it - Derek Anderson played for them that day. Harry Curran too.

Let's just say Harry Curran get the award, since he didn't get the abuse from our fans that Anderson got that day.

Not based on a tremendous amount of games witnessed:

Alloa - Unsure. We always won/drew in the games I attended. Ryan McCord perhaps.

Dumbarton - Chris Kane. Did my nut in on more than one occasion. Good striker.

Morton - Peter McDonald.

QoS - Mark Durnan always looked pretty solid against us.

Hibs - Scott Brown. Hated him in the CIS cup final. Once he started controlling his temper he became a class act.

Rangers - Claudio Reyna when he scored two against us at home in 2001/2002 season.

Falkirk - Blair Alston has always stood out against us. Also Phil Roberts when they smashed us 3-0 at Almondvale. Going further back, has to be Russell Latapy.

St Mirren - Paul McGowan. Saw him play against Hibs a couple of seasons ago. Bossed the midfield.

Raith Rovers - Nacho Novo.

Stevie May when on loan to Accies, scored a hat trick against us at Almondvale. He and his ponytail were head and shoulders above everything else on the pitch that day.

Stevie May when on loan to Accies, scored a hat trick against us at Almondvale. He and his ponytail were head and shoulders above everything else on the pitch that day.

I was thinking just that as I opened the thread. Was applauded by the home support when he went off.

Archived