Best single performance against your club...

...from each team

Alloa Athletic
apologies to the Wasps but there's not a single Alloa player I can recall being a wee class apart when we've played ye despite being on the end of a few humpings. Always seem to be more of a team effort with you lot.

Dumbarton Chic Charnley springs to mind for you lot but I was young and he had just scored from 40 yards. Probably done sod all that day apart from that but I can't remember.

Falkirk I seem to recall Marino Keith being a handful but this could be pity memories after Derek Collins almost killed him.

Greenock Morton, Probably Weatherspoon v Arbroath or Witteveen v QotS for me. Although Wee Fred woulda won it in the game he, finally, scored in if he hadn't hit the bar from six yards out later that day.

Hibernian I don't remember any of the games we've played against Hibs that I've been to. Best Hibs player I can recall on telly and that was probably Latapy or Suazee. They were good to watch.

Livingston Snodgrass or Dorrans. But both times when they were on loan to other clubs

Queen of the South Stephen Dobbie and his second half hat-trick

Raith Rovers David McGurn's had a few blinders against us

Rangers Only saw us play Rangers once, at Love Street, and it was shite. Klos is the best player I've seen at Rangers tho'. Ridiculous how under-rated that keeper was.

St. Mirren Lavety's comeback game for us after getting caught on the disco biscuits was something else.

Brian Wake's performance in the 3-0 win at Firhill was not just the best individual performance from a Morton player, but from any individual of all time.

His Zidane style turn in the first half. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Wake's performance in the 3-0 win at Firhill was not just the best individual performance from a Morton player, but from any individual of all time.

Doesn't count if you're playing against a team on holiday.

Wee guy upfront for Malmo (can't remember his name) completely outclassed everyone on the pitch, ended up signing for Bournemouth I think. Can't think of any league/cup games which a player has stood out massively off the top of my head.

Morgaro Gomis totally controlled a game in a manner rarely seen at Palmerston during Hearts 3-0 thumping of us at Palmy. Could tell way back in the day that Killie beat us 2-1 that Stevie Naismith was going to be a top player. His pace was mesmerising and he finished superbly for his goal. Gary Harkins is another. Looks abit on the heavy side but the way he glides past players is impressive. Aaron Sinclair in the 5-0 drubbing Partick gave us looked the perfect full back. Fast strong and attacking.

Morgaro Gomis totally controlled a game in a manner rarely seen at Palmerston during Hearts 3-0 thumping of us at Palmy. Could tell way back in the day that Killie beat us 2-1 that Stevie Naismith was going to be a top player. His pace was mesmerising and he finished superbly for his goal. Gary Harkins is another. Looks abit on the heavy side but the way he glides past players is impressive. Aaron Sinclair in the 5-0 drubbing Partick gave us looked the perfect full back. Fast strong and attacking.

Going way back Davie Cooper for Clydebank before he signed for Rangers (remember them) was absolutely superb in an early season game at Palmerston.

Likewise Andy Ritchie for Morton.

I remember Jim McAllister ripping us apart at the Rock for Morton. He was untouchable and I'm fairly certain he had our full-back in tears.

A non-Dumbarton one for me was Ravanelli for Dundee against Clyde, came on in the 70th minute and had a hat-trick by the 80th. He was more than a class above.

Alloa - Ben Gordon seems to have worn king-sized velcro gloves every single time we've played them recently.

Dumbarton - sounds biased now but Danny Rogers was a right pest last season. More of the same this time, thankyou please!

Morton - last time round thought the much vaunted Tidser/Bachirou team was pretty quiet when I saw them, so have to go much, much further back to Derek Lilley.

Hibs - tragically for us, has to be Leigh Griffiths in the 3-4 comeback Semi-Final. Actual tears.

Livingston - Bobby Barr, unplayable the night they went from 0-3 back to 3-3 at Westfield. Although we won 4-3 in the end he was fantastic to watch.

QoS - Derek Lyle. We really need to deal with him better this coming season. Or lock him in the dressing room at 5 to 3.

Raith - struggling here, so happy to put in an honorary mention to Turnbull Hutton.

St Mirren - Been a while, but big Mehmet was a nuisance last time. Can only hope this year's team are equally anonymous.

That covers 8 of the 9, and am unable to comment on the other team in the league, on account of there being nothing positive to say about them. Ever.

Doesn't count if you're playing against a team on holiday.

It's Morton. Let them have this one.

A shout for Alloa would be Martin Cameron. He was fantastic for them. Shame he was pish for us.

Archived