Morton v Dumbarton - 25/7/15

IainMorton

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed this today thanks to four tossers who couldnae navigate their way around Palma Airport to catch a plane FFS. Still, delighted to achieve a win, even if a virtually new squad resorted somewhat to type in the last twenty minutes.

Really like the sound of this lad Lindsay.

Brutal today. 3-2 completely flattered us (and nearly gubbed my coupon).

Two gifts in the first half to a Dumbarton side who didn't even have to canter. Third goal should have stood, I felt. O'Ware goes off at the break leaving us with no defenders and Peaso clearly wasn't fit. The real third goal was a joke.

A late fight back didn't even remotely paper over the cracks. The penalty was for holding/pulling but was given way after it should have been. Either Charleston gave advantage then awarded it, or (more likely) got the impression he'd missed something from the crowd noises and gave it for the lesser pull. Funnier was the obvious throw to Dumbarton right in front of their fans which he contrived to somehow give to us.

Board sitting on their arses, Duffy looking like a bald McInally in a suit.

Going to be a long season.

You play in a glorified bus shelter champ.

Our bus shelter would have held the entire crowd today in reasonable comfort (i.e. not sitting with our knees hitting aff our chins) and still had enough space for a dinner party for 600. We have modern refinements too, gents and ladies toilets in the home and away ends.

Oh! and proper segregation.

Cappielow is really just like a big Cliftonhill, but with less polite stewards and worse toilets.

And a worse team :P

Bumpty bump. Oh Branch Ton, Branch Ton. Wherefor art thou?

At the end of 2012/13 no one would have picked us to go down in2013/14 and there will a similar surprise this year

Raith Rovers will finish bottom.

Alloa and Dumbarton will be miles worse than us and Livingstone will implode.

We are in no danger of liquidation or of having financial irrregularities discovered and punished with a points deduction. The Suprene Court will be hearing the Murray (Servco) appeal before the season end.

We have Tidser.

We do have cash to spend. We will splash the cash before the transfer window closes because Crawford knows that relegation will provide zero return on the family investment.

Morton fans will realise that all Scottish football clubs are crap and that on balance Morton are not really any crappier
than the rest of the crap.

Our bus shelter would have held the entire crowd today in reasonable comfort (i.e. not sitting with our knees hitting aff our chins) and still had enough space for a dinner party for 600. We have modern refinements too, gents and ladies toilets in the home and away ends.

Oh! and proper segregation.

Cappielow is really just like a big Cliftonhill, but with less polite stewards and worse toilets.

And a worse team :P

I didn't go today as i had to look after my young children. I did consider taking them both as i was keen to go. However, the state of Cappielow and facilities for away fans meant it was a definite no.

I would say that Cappielow is probably the worst ground in Scotland in terms of facilities for away fans unless they open the proper away section. I'm not trying to wind Morton fans up either. There is no way fans should be herded into an old stand like that with inadequate legroom and piss poor toilet facilities in this day and age. Not a place to bring young kids which is a shame.

As for the result. Very pleased. Although i did have a fiver on us at 22/1 to win 3-1 and another fiver on us at 11/2 to win with Morton +1. Same old story i'm afraid. Felt sure today it was coming up.

I didn't go today as i had to look after my young children. I did consider taking them both as i was keen to go. However, the state of Cappielow and facilities for away fans meant it was a definite no.

I would say that Cappielow is probably the worst ground in Scotland in terms of facilities for away fans unless they open the proper away section. I'm not trying to wind Morton fans up either. There is no way fans should be herded into an old stand like that with inadequate legroom and piss poor toilet facilities in this day and age. Not a place to bring young kids which is a shame.

As for the result. Very pleased. Although i did have a fiver on us at 22/1 to win 3-1 and another fiver on us at 11/2 to win with Morton +1. Same old story i'm afraid. Felt sure today it was coming up.

:lol: I see what you did there.

But aye, genuinely not trying to wind you boys up but Cappielow is comfortably the worst away day in Scottish football. Nae pies, nae legroom, nae view, nae toilets, raging stewards. To be fair, one of the stewards was pretty sound, told me he didn't have a problem with me putting my feet on the seats that aren't to be used at the front, but his supervisor would go through him. When I saw the supervisor I wasn't surprised. If you were to draw a jobsworth it'd be him.

I asked another steward why we couldn't get behind the goal, and apparently it's because "Rangers damaged it the last time they were here". I might be missing a fairly recent game, but when did Rangers last play Morton at Cappielow?

For all our stadium's soulless, at least you don't have to sit with your legs out into the stairwell like I did today!

No idea who you are, sorry. Other than that slight flaw, a stinging contribution IMO.

Sorry mate. All I can do is work hard at spending my life on here, posting literally thousands of messages, in the hope you notice me.

#igoagain

On a positive note Gallagher is a cracking player and routledge can run a game by himself. Buchanan dominates the defence and brown looked sharp in goal. Only two weeks till we play hibs at home in league and after their result today the sons have a great opportunity in beating them.

Fair enough, I couldn't care less what our away end's like either tbh.

Yep, I just happen to stand in one of the best places to watch the football in Scotland. The cowshed :P

As for the game, I'm glad I missed it today because by the sounds of things we were awful. Kept checking my phone in work for the scores and when I seen it was 3-0 all I could do was laugh, I genuinely thought it could've ended up 5 or 6-0. Only our first competitive game of the season and Duffy has already made a hash of things. We had a sub goalkeeper today and the rest of the bench was filled with development squad players some of which played only last night. The squad should be just about complete by now, but we're still at least 3 good signings away from being anywhere near competitive.

Hopefully being 3-0 down today gave Duffy the kick up the ar*e he needs to go out and bring players in. If Sabajo & Duggan are the answer God help us. Fearing a long hard season like 13/14. Hopefully Duffy is gone sooner rather than later because he is the root to all the problems.

What is it with Morton and this cup?

You've played in it every single season since it's conception and you've never won it.

Why?

You don't take it less seriously than anyone else.

Archived