East Region Super League 2015-16

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shack could be back into the squad for Wednesday, O'Reilly and Dalziel are still a couple of weeks away and Brian Ritchie has a tweaked hamstring so he won't be rushed back until it's fully healed.

Hubby will be back for the Hill Of Beath game with Shaun Greig obviously a couple of months away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must say i am liking our chances, last few seasons have been, well, not great but I have a renewed optimism this year.

I think we will be there or thereabouts when the cups are given out.

Dont normally do bold statements but I have a confidence about this team.

That 25/1 pre-season looking big now Boomtown, had a feeling you guys would be a different proposition this year, really deep quality squad by all accounts.

According to the books its a 5 horse race for the title (see above) after only a third of the season gone.

If any other side manages to get themselves into the mix then credit to them.

Still think Newtongrange could go a run at some point, even though they were showing at 150/1 before winning at Carnoustie at the weekend.

The past 2 seasons in the Superleague they have started like scalded cats but faded in the final 3rd, could they be doing it the other way around this time?

Have to say watching young Ben`s highlights Iv`e been impressed with Lithgie thus far.

They seem a far better balanced side this season & look to be controlling matches for fun, but for a few disappointing ends to games they were dominating early doors they would be at least 6-9 points better off than they are now, they played really well at Bo`ness.

Penicuik are showing great form atm topping the table, they have played all of the sides immediately beneath them as well so are there on merit.

You know what Bo`ness bring to the table so they should be in there at the death as well, really difficult to call at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Still think we'll win it.

Well after yesterday`s display I would`nt entirely rule you out, though bit of an ask.

Liked the cut of your jib though, tough one at home again next week to a rejuvenated lithgie side.

Bonnyrigg Rose now top the max possible points table after an impressive win over perennial title challengers Boness Utd, they have marked their card with that victory.

Bonnyrigg are the side the books will need to adjust their position with most as they are playing at the top of their game & have the momentum.

Well after yesterday`s display I would`nt entirely rule you out, though bit of an ask.

Liked the cut of your jib though, tough one at home again next week to a rejuvenated lithgie side.

Bonnyrigg Rose now top the max possible points table after an impressive win over perennial title challengers Boness Utd, they have marked their card with that victory.

Bonnyrigg are the side the books will need to adjust their position with most as they are playing at the top of their game & have the momentum.

Was being very tongue in cheek when I posted that but we seem to be getting better every week so you never know!!!! Hard to think we were propping up the league 6 games ago.

Considering the players you lost from last season your management team should be commended on the squad they have put together.

Need to improve your home form, if you can do that then why not?

We could see the players he had signed inb the summer were good players. They just needed time to gel together. Which is obviously happening now.

• 2 weeks later...

Mid November and only 2 points between the top 6 sides. East Superleague games generally hard fought and hard to predict with any real confidence. This one is going to the wire. Mon the East Superleague.

...................and best of luck to all the East sides playing in the Scottish on Saturday.

Mid November and only 2 points between the top 6 sides. East Superleague games generally hard fought and hard to predict with any real confidence. This one is going to the wire. Mon the East Superleague.

...................and best of luck to all the East sides playing in the Scottish on Saturday.

Archived