Bathgate Thistle Open Training night

Guest chavez

:)

Ok stirred slayer where do you get the cash to pay your amateur players? Players such as super dickgate back playing amateur, are they plying for nothing? Where is the amateur cash coming from, is it just a pals act after a game? Superbathgate might tell us what is so great about amateur over junior?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand the grief Bathgate are getting for having open trials. They may perhaps find a gem or 2 by doing so. It doesn't automatically mean they are struggling for players, perhaps just wanting to try something diffferent. There are plenty of other junior players out there that are currently out of contract so doubt they will struggle to build a team for what looks like a very good competitive Premier League this season.

Another training session today another quality attendance of about 8 with assistance manager and Physio taking part .... Sad times for bathgate at moment feel for people involved but can't think that this could have all been avoided with right structure community club in place earlier .... Now in a managerial merry go round , no money , transfer targets no interest no attraction

Would be lucky to field a team at the tenants sixes at this rate

shite!!!!! Linlithgow has only signed 8 just now, are they not a well established club? Bathgate had 17 training on Tuesday and the weekend of Titp only have 8, is that so unbelievable. Does that mean they are doomed? Naw!!!! Get a fucking grip!! The only thing that's bringing the club down is folk like superbathgate trying to look important by posting every event as a scandal. Trying to impress the big boys, that's cute!!!

Their will be a few Harthill players available seeing as they are sitting out season.Or did they not have any players signed up.

Harthill finished where they did for a reason, quality of player obv not there, if Bathgate's aim is to build a team to put up a fight in their league & not just head to the south division then don't think that's where should be looking!

Why all the fuss Senior clubs North and South of the Border have tried this before especially if the club's scouting system is not the greatest, Best of luck to them at the end of the day what will they lose apart from time if they don't find suitable player's Well worth it if they find just a few...

Is there not a community club structure in place at Bathgate,

Yes, there is a community club in place, it has been for a couple of years. At children's and youth levels, participation is growing all the time.

The amateurs seem well run as well.

I don't see what the problem with running open trials are? If it was a pro club, it should raise eyebrows (but not unprecedented) but it's junior football. Anyone who thinks junior football is above that is seriously deluded.

I don't see what the problem with running open trials are? If it was a pro club, it should raise eyebrows (but not unprecedented) but it's junior football. Anyone who thinks junior football is above that is seriously deluded.

Although this may be a problem for some, I got the feeling that this thread was more disappointed with the way people were being blamed rather than the fact they were holding trials. That was certainly my PoV when commenting.

Ok stirred slayer where do you get the cash to pay your amateur players? Players such as super dickgate back playing amateur, are they plying for nothing? Where is the amateur cash coming from, is it just a pals act after a game? Superbathgate might tell us what is so great about amateur over junior?

I get paid feck all playing Sunday amateur just playing with my friends at top amateur side where am currently staying and pub I drink in

shite!!!!! Linlithgow has only signed 8 just now, are they not a well established club? Bathgate had 17 training on Tuesday and the weekend of Titp only have 8, is that so unbelievable. Does that mean they are doomed? Naw!!!! Get a fucking grip!! The only thing that's bringing the club down is folk like superbathgate trying to look important by posting every event as a scandal. Trying to impress the big boys, that's cute!!!

I have a lot of respect for people at club ... I don't hide behind a user name like some of use so called bathgate fans on here

I say it how I see it , I've been there through the highs and lows and will still be at bathgate games this season aswell hoping for 3points and good performances

I have a lot of respect for people at club ... I don't hide behind a user name like some of use so called bathgate fans on here

I say it how I see it , I've been there through the highs and lows and will still be at bathgate games this season aswell hoping for 3points and good performances

I thought you played on Saturdays for Craigshill Th.

Think it's a great idea to potentially find a few players, if I wasn't injured I would be attending

no harm in going along to have a chat with the new manager to let him know you are interested. Might do him good people showing support instead of all the negatives he has received on this thread

no harm in going along to have a chat with the new manager to let him know you are interested. Might do him good people showing support instead of all the negatives he has received on this thread

I'm busy tonight and I've got a torn acl so I'm a few months away but once I'm back and fit I might be looking into it more

Archived