South v Cleyhole

QosLoyal

Decent way to kick off the season. Stranraer like ourselves have lost a lot of key players, and not forgetting their gaffer. Looking forward to seeing how our new boys get on, usually the challenge cup is treated as a pre season kick about by the fans, but with it being a derby it certainly makes it more interesting. Il go for a 3-1 home win.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year this could have been a bit of a tricky tie but this year despite our losses we should be fine. Fortunately Michael Moore is long gone so should be a safer game for everyone involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one and hoping for a repeat of the last time we had a derby in the cup as the first game for our new manager. Perhaps we'll invite Michael along as a reminder of 2003.

I know it's the Petrofac Cup, but still a step up from friendlies.....

Hard to believe that the new season is upon us already! I'm really looking forward to this one as it will be my first opportunity to see the new signings. It'll be hard enough to predict our starting XI, nevermind the scoreline. However I'm going to go for a Queens win by 2 goals and us lining up as follows -

Thomson

Kidd Dowie C Higgins Rutherford

S Higgins Jacobs Millar Russell

Hilson Lyle

ETA I've missed Conroy out, not entirely sure where he fits in. I see he started on the right-wing against Kilmarnock so possibly him in place of Higgins. He is likely to start though, I just don't know where.

Good to hear from our banjo playing friends again.

No need to bring any tins, but your team would probably be advised to bring some lube for the pumping they are about to receive.

Archived