The Dale in the Tayside and Bathgate Premier League

TheGothClock

It was good while it lasted, it really was, the holy grail and heady days of the East Super League, the storm clouds that rolled in over the Volley after the Broughty keeper palmed away Taylor's penalty have gave way to the at times 'sma rain' of the up and coming premier league season. In 20 odd years of watching the Dale there's no doubt, that mauchline header lashing the net with minuets to go on Tayside on June 02nd 2013 was the high point, fair enough the expansion of the division leading to 4 going up got us in, but the Dale never professed to be title contenders and we were more than happy with a top 4 an promotion, an to pip our local rivals Bathgate by the slightest of margins made it all the sweeter. The super league adventure is over, always felt it would be very difficult to compete at any level in the top flight given the resources at hand, and people should remember when we were relegated into the south league just 8 seasons ago our current manager, Jim Henderson came in with just 7 players and won us that league, pushed us on and eventually into the Super league on a budget comparable to teams that have never went further than the south league is a massive achievement and I firmly hope that Hendo is in the dugout next season. The premier will be a hard league and the increased travel will take its toll on the support as well, saying that Bathgate along side us is always a decent game with a bit of edge, also there has never been any love lost between the Dale and Dalkeith so that's a rivalry that will be exciting to become re-aquatinted with. Hopefully the Dale experience in the top flight will give us the form and improved win ratio that kinda deserted us in our Super league adventure, that hopefully in turn will boost attendances at the Volley and get a wee buzz going about the town again in relation to our historic club. Even an optimistic Dale supporter would struggle with the concept of the Dale going straight back up, but I reckon top 4/5 not beyond the Dale this coming season , DBWAH

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last a touch on reality in the dale .hopefully a good start will see the dale faithfull pack the volley , our team are a match for anybody on our day as Kelty hearts will no doubt agree .lets get Doon the volley and cheer on all the lads who have stayed to get the dale back to the top ..DALE BOYS WE ARE HERE

also there has never been any love lost between the Dale and Dalkeith so that's a rivalry that will be exciting to become re-aquatinted with -

Tell me more about this as I wasn't aware of any animosity between the clubs?

I know what the harthill boys that went to the dale were getting paid and it certainly was considerably more than any other team in the south division so your talking pish there thegothclock.

Am no talking pish mate, the budget is comparable to south league teams, don't know specific wages , but the Dale's working on similar budgets to teams in the south league

That's a pile of jobbies! I know boys at the Dale and spoke to the Dale myself. They are paying way more than the south division teams and some super league sides.

Any new signings at the dale. Also have the dale lost any players

lost don Morrison to Bo'ness .wee Stoogs still not signed and mauchline waiting to see about his fitness .all other players resigned and a few extras in for pre season looking for contracts .

That's a pile of jobbies! I know boys at the Dale and spoke to the Dale myself. They are paying way more than the south division teams and some super league sides.

when teams like Penicuik hand out over £100 per week to the majority off their players the dales budget is by far smaller than probably all SUPERLEAGUE clubs -and more than half the premier clubs . Not sure about south league budgets but all the harthill lads left the dale as soon as a big spender came calling .well aw bar Geordie .and Frankie returned to harthill for more money .i hope the dale get off to a good start this season .then who knows .THE MANAGER AND COACHES DESERVE IT GOR ALL THE WORK THEY PUT IN

aye well you seem ti know a lot .like Andy Cunningham going to Bathgate ...head to wood park tonite and see for yourself ..WE KNOW WHO TALKS SHITE .

He was only going there to try tap a couple of players!

also there has never been any love lost between the Dale and Dalkeith so that's a rivalry that will be exciting to become re-aquatinted with -

Tell me more about this as I wasn't aware of any animosity between the clubs?

there is no animosity between the clubs Dalkeith have had the upper hand over the Dale in our last encounters and the games have been competitive so looking forward to our jousts this season

Archived