Annan Athletic v Queen of the South League Cup 1st round

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a very hard game.

We will have to up our play from the Stranraer game to get a win.

Should be a good away support been a while since I have been down to Annan.

Hopefully we will have a new signing or 2 to improve our squad

This is going to be a very hard game.We will have to up our play from the Stranraer game to get a win.Should be a good away support been a while since I have been down to Annan.Hopefully we will have a new signing or 2 to improve our squad

Dont think Annan are any better than Stranraer as long as we turn up we should manage it.

Guest Flash

Trains from Dumfries onward, are still showing as running on schedule. Everything between Kilmarnock and Dumfries has changed, obviously as a result of the line being closed.

Plans currently remains the same. The 11.02 Train, in the Shed for no later than 11.30.

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't realise the 11.02 started from Dumfries, so it definitely won't be affected.

Dont think Annan are any better than Stranraer as long as we turn up we should manage it.

Bet Airdrie thought the same last Saturday.

Could be another surprise on Saturday if Annan play like they did on the second half last Saturday

Could be another surprise on Saturday if Annan play like they did on the second half last Saturday

We're better than Airdrie and Stranraer are better than you. Away win.

One game at a time the boys are playing well, step Up QOS...

Well said - no Annan fans are doing too much crowing just now , everyones happy ( even old Tan ) , just trying to comrehend what's happening.

Certainly gave James Fowler and Alan Ball plenty to think about last night. Heard Callyboy's no been sleeping well this week, ho ho ho :1eye

Dont they have a plastic pitch though? Could be tricky

I'm sure we'll revert to standard practice when it comes to managers and dealing with plastic pitches. Strongly object to suggestions it is a disadvantage, before referencing it at every available opportunity and bemoaning the fact it puts us at a disadvantage.

I seen Airdrie pre-season and wasn't surprised that they got beat last week, I even had a few quid on Annan. I would be very very surprised if they beat Queens this week. That's in no way disrespectful towards Annan, but there's a significant gulf between Queens and Airdrie.

Looking forward to the game & the pre match sesh in the Shed .

Don't for one minute think it'll be an easy game .

I try not to make the mistake of bring over confident , well not until after the final whistle :)

11.02 express to Annan it is . Say hello to my old school pal Keetsy in the Shed

It's a derby match, and the very first official one at that. Annan are apparently playing decent football just now. We are still getting used to playing together as our spine has been ripped out. Even including all that I don't think it's disrespectful to Annan if QoS fans won't accept anything other than a win. When all is said and done we're a FT Championship club playing a PT team 2 divisions below us. I'm expecting a win but not by a large margin. I'd be very happy if we get a couple of goals, put in a good performance and keep a clean sheet. That's not asking too much :lol:

It should be a good game though and I'm expecting there to be a good crowd with a large travelling support. Out of interest, what is Galabank's capacity?

It's a derby match, and the very first official one at that. Annan are apparently playing decent football just now. We are still getting used to playing together as our spine has been ripped out. Even including all that I don't think it's disrespectful to Annan if QoS fans won't accept anything other than a win. When all is said and done we're a FT Championship club playing a PT team 2 divisions below us. I'm expecting a win but not by a large margin. I'd be very happy if we get a couple of goals, put in a good performance and keep a clean sheet. That's not asking too much :lol:

It should be a good game though and I'm expecting there to be a good crowd with a large travelling support. Out of interest, what is Galabank's capacity?

Didn't we play them at home last year in a cup ?

Guest Flash

Should have added 'at Galabank', apologies :)

2,500. I'm kind of hoping we take close to, if not over, 1000 on Saturday. I don't know how much of an effect the Dumfries Show will have on the attendance and I don't know how interested the locals will be, but I'll predict a crowd of 1,600/1,700.

Archived