Berwick Rangers v North Shields

North Shields are a club on the way up right now. I used to love my visits to their old Appleby Park ground which was one of the best grounds in North East non league football back in its time.

It would be good to repay the favour and play them at their place next season perhaps.

I was well impressed with them on my last visit there two seasons ago when they walked the NL second division.

Today's team to face North Shields

Walker Trialist Drummond Cameron Fairbairn Trialist Trialist Hogg Trialist Henderson Trialist

Subs

Trialist McKenna Wilson Trialist Trialist Trialist Trialist Helm

Today's team to face North Shields

Walker Trialist Drummond Cameron Fairbairn Trialist Trialist Hogg Trialist Henderson Trialist

Subs

Trialist McKenna Wilson Trialist Trialist Trialist Trialist Helm

See you've got the Trialist oct up let's playing today.

Any of the trialists worth a punt then?

The local trio of Dougie, Coco and Wally weren't that impressive I didn't think when they came on at half time. Having said that nerves could well have played a part for the Coldstream pair, so i'm glad they've got 6 weeks to show what they can do.

Wally didn't really have much to do apart from the goal, which no one would've saved. He looked very good in the shot stopping warm up though to be fair.

Dougie gifted the boy their goal by mistiming a tackle and leaving him 1 on 1 about 10 yards out.

Overall our defence looked much more comfortable first half with Johnny and Kev playing. Plenty of vocals coming out of Kev which is always good to hear from a goalie, and it wasn't just "YEEEERRRP" every 10 seconds.

Other end of the pitch, Coco seemed to have the right idea most of the time but it didn't really work for him, although service was limited in the second half.

Not sure who the rest were to be honest but one hit the bar with a cracking free kick and the French (I think) boy in the middle was decent. Looked big and strong, something we've been lacking I reckon.

Having said that at least 80% of what i've just said could be pish because my glasses were in my car and its in Wales for the weekend.

North Shields were quite pish and the fans that smashed a boys window at the train station are obviously arseholes.

Cheers for that. Yeah I heard that a sizeable chunk of the North Shields fans were both neanderthal and pished.

On to the next friendly then. Monday isn't it?

I was surrounded by the North Shields mob throughout the game. Most of them (both sexes) were drunk on arrival and continued to openly consume copious amounts of alcohol from cans and bottles during the whole of the game. The sectarian songs and foul abusive language just spoiled the game for me - not to mention the horrendous beer farts drifting along the terracing :yucky . Very few of them seemed to be actually watching the game. :thumbsdown

On a happier note, there was some nice football to watch at times. I don't know the names of the players yet, but the French lad with the bushy hair impressed me and the two smaller players - I think they were numbers 2 and 18 - worked very hard.

I won't be able to make it to the midweek friendlies due to work commitments, so I hope the players continue to settle in and Cameron makes the right decisions on who he signs before the real games begin.

Here's hoping............

I was surrounded by the North Shields mob throughout the game. Most of them (both sexes) were drunk on arrival and continued to openly consume copious amounts of alcohol from cans and bottles during the whole of the game. The sectarian songs and foul abusive language just spoiled the game for me - not to mention the horrendous beer farts drifting along the terracing :yucky . Very few of them seemed to be actually watching the game. :thumbsdown

On a happier note, there was some nice football to watch at times. I don't know the names of the players yet, but the French lad with the bushy hair impressed me and the two smaller players - I think they were numbers 2 and 18 - worked very hard.

I won't be able to make it to the midweek friendlies due to work commitments, so I hope the players continue to settle in and Cameron makes the right decisions on who he signs before the real games begin.

Here's hoping............

That boy played for your under 20s towards the end of last season against Cowden, can't remember his name though.

That boy played for your under 20s towards the end of last season against Cowden, can't remember his name though.

This was someone different. About twice the size.

Didn't see any bother but did hear the Leapo had to close. To be fair, most of the North Shields fans are Newcastle hooligans with banning orders so it was to be expected. The club as a whole seemed a great little club though. The Northern League is obviously a poorer standard than I thought though.

This was someone different. About twice the size.

Didn't see any bother but did hear the Leapo had to close. To be fair, most of the North Shields fans are Newcastle hooligans with banning orders so it was to be expected. The club as a whole seemed a great little club though. The Northern League is obviously a poorer standard than I thought though.

Ah right just remember one of the French boys who played for your 20s side having massive hair.

What happened at the station with the window?

Young learner driver from Eyemouth was in picking up a relative and someone hit the car and it smashed. Parents got out to have a word and other fans rounded up money for them to fix it.

Archived