It's just a New Season Hoose Party

Kinky Afro

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was an OPEN HOOSE. Easy as 1 , 2, 3, FORE. When you need a win it feels better than perhaps it really was. MORE "Shnyder cup" than RYDER CUP. The truth of this ONE game is TWO goals and THREE points. In a match that saw a wee ROUGH Scottish village, the home of a world famous golf course take on St Andrew's,(ha!) wee got our tactics down to a TEE. We showed some good DRIVE and determination and you would have to go a FAIRWAY to find a more energetic and busy forward than wee Brian. Despite being a little GREEN at times he PUTT in a good shift and was rewarded when he found a HOLE in their defence when Jason Deans ROLLED the ball across the 6 yard line after a great Stan through ball and Brian TAPPED IN to leave the Hoose 2 UP after the hardworking Mikey Broon had CHIPPED IN to put us 1 UP as he converted a PENALTY SHOT. A good performance from our CLUB HOOSE to BAG the points. They were definitely BELOW PAR but you can only play the course you are on.

Some good banter again in the coo shed warriors, decamped due to a multi million pound re development of the ParkView VIEWING GALLERY. We gave some to their manager who had his team locked in the dressing room BUNKER after the game and tore a strip off his poor HACKERS, I am surprised most of them MADE THE CUT. I wouldn't have taken one of their players, a seldom seen sentiment.

For the Hoose it was a relief to get a result our performance deserved. We looked to have a better shape with solid no nonsense performances all round. To be honest, we didn't have to be at our best to beat these sorry caddyshackers but thankfully we kept things IN-BOUNDS and didn't make any mistakes and 2-0 flatters them, but we will take it.

In the words of the great ARNOLD PALMER.."Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."

Substitute HOOSE for GOLF and I think that sums us up. But... When you eventually have to sign the SCORECARD at the end, yesterday's said "2-0 Hoose..." Pass me a pen... every day...

MON THE HOOSE!!

I heard they were locked in the dressing room for 45 minutes after the game whilst their manager/coach ripped into them?? I thought they were pretty poor and gutless at times. Not a decent player on show for them. Tayport and St Andrews... It's a Fife Fing...

What's the script for a couple of boys from Ayrshire on a day oot to Fauldhouse on Saturday? Pubs that help the club worth visiting? Bar at the park? Programme? Pies etc?

(not 'Ford fans by the way - just fancy a day oot of the hoose to see the Hoose)

You will be more than welcome as will all the Hurlford and neutral fans. I expect it will be mobbed and I can't wait. There is a bar at the ground (The howff) and Lammies Pub in the village is the Hoose bar where the teams go after the game and where the supporters drink and congregate. Get yourself in there before and after. Programmes will be on sale I'm sure and we have a good pie and bovril hatch at ParkView. It will be a brilliant game... We are a good passing side and we work hard. You might be lucky to get a ticket though!! Ha

Mon the Cup!

You will be more than welcome as will all the Hurlford and neutral fans. I expect it will be mobbed and I can't wait. There is a bar at the ground (The howff) and Lammies Pub in the village is the Hoose bar where the teams go after the game and where the supporters drink and congregate. Get yourself in there before and after. Programmes will be on sale I'm sure and we have a good pie and bovril hatch at ParkView. It will be a brilliant game... We are a good passing side and we work hard. You might be lucky to get a ticket though!! Ha

Mon the Cup!

Cheers Snr Afro.......will get there early to beat the crowds......

Cheers Snr Afro.......will get there early to beat the crowds......

Absolute pleasure to visit today. If anyone wants to see how a Junior club should be run then get yir erse along to Park View. Brilliant day oot and got a first class welcome too. Cheers to all from wee Tam and big Sandy !

2 Ayrshire travellers, drawn by the glow of the Hoose Lights approached stealthily towards the nomadic CooShed warriors... Dressed like Life on Mars detectives, it was clear the fresh revelled stargazing vagrants thought we were from another world, despite the sheepskin collared bomber jacket, there was no need to get wrapped up, there is always a Warm Welcome at the Park View PitchSide. Jake the Snake and his merry band of down and out Hilly Beef supporters, many clearly in the scarecrow stage of venomous trampdom also joined an entertaining and banter filled side line, coo shed still out of bounds due to refurb issues. Sometimes it is good to stand on the sloping grass and under the tree. This game started and ended with a walk in the Park....View.

The ginger heeded Alan Lawson look-a-like Hurlford manager was there to take in the Hoose and if he left at half time he would have gone home happy and slept well last night. A drab stuttering start of a performance could and should have saw us 3 down before were got out of our half. Some good saves, crossbar and last ditch defending kept things scoreless until a 45th minute penalty was missed by Mikey Broon. No score at half time and the treat of more dross extra time loomed large. We needn't have worried though as we went 3 at the back and it was one way traffic in the second half. Goals from Sam Scott and a brace for bit part striker Mark Aitken which will hopefully give him confidence and allow him to push on. It is tricky coming into a new team and when it is at a decent level like here at the Hoose then you can find yourself in a rut you can't get out of. With obvious ability and good reports from the coaching staff, yesterday will hopefully be a great confidence booster for the double marksman. He certainly has the support of the coo shed.

Hilly Beef was suffering Mad Coo Disease and a few of them turned in poultry displays. Especially Tam the Turkey, AKA the Glenrothes Gobbler, who clucked and plucked and never crossed our defensive line never mind a road. His beak was definitely in his Turkey Breast as he, along with his mates, shut up shop. He had more than one white feather to match the white flag they flew.

So it is onto another bird in the next hound, the Regal Swan Munchers await at Park View and it is likely to be a decent game and one we can win, given a fair wind and a fair ref, one who hasn't been dangled before the game by the ankles in the Royal Loch, with a threat of Cigar Smoking Fidel Castro ringing in their ears. We get nothing through there. You need to win to get a draw at that place.

We left Stargazer gazing at Stars indoors at Lammies, promising to catch the last stage out of Dodge. I hope he and his mate had a great time. You are welcome anytime mate. We are now on the official Scottish Culture Tour Route and we expect a few more Rabbie Burns Bandits in a fortnight when the Man City of junior fitbaw, Vomit and Hurl Furd come a calling. I heard they don't take a decent crowd with them but I still expect a bumper attendance. So in honour of our victory and in anticipation of our big games to come..... And our Ayrshire cousin bards...

To a Hoose... By Tam O'Brannan

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous Hurlford,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thou need na start awa sae hasty,

Wi' bickering brattle!

I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

I'm truly sorry the Hoose dominion,

Has broken up your social union,

An' justifies that ill opinion,

Which makes thee startle

At us, thy poor, earth-born opponents,

An' fellow-mortal coo shed inhabitants.

But, housie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain;

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men

Gang aft agley,

An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy, yur no gittin any.

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' us

The present only toucheth thee:

But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.

To our pot we cannae piss in,

An' forward, tho' cos it's never said,

I guess NAE FEAR fae the Hoose and the Coo Shed.

Mon the Bard of the Hoose!

Archived