The "GOW" chat 2015/16

THECABBAGE

Just back from sunnier climate & reading about the Gows new signings. Rab seems to have done some good work as the defence needed a rebuild and he's trying to sort it out. Hopefully we will get a couple more in before the start of the season, to go with what we have and I will be happy. Mon the Gow!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just back from sunnier climate & reading about the Gows new signings. Rab seems to have done some good work as the defence needed a rebuild and he's trying to sort it out. Hopefully we will get a couple more in before the start of the season, to go with what we have and I will be happy. Mon the Gow!!!!

8)

Likewise back from the home of one the world's best ever players, no not Kirkmuirhill (McCarrison, :P ), Madeira birthplace of Cristiano Ronaldo, can someone update me on signings & departures, is big Jack (Currie) being retained? From your message, defenders are coming in, who are they? & pedigree please. Also, if anyone has friendly fixtures + Clydesdale Cup details, appreciate any information. Cheers, mon the Gow!

Awra best to the Gow for the coming season. Our auld pal Robert Irving is still considered a legend down at Cumnock and I'm sure he will get the Gow challenging at the right end of the league and doing well in the cups

• 3 weeks later...

Disappointed in last night performance. Always nice to beat Lanark and win a wee trophy though. I thought the Gow players 1,4,5,6 were the Gows best no8 who scored is always capable of that. Brogan's team set up was good. The Gow management could not adapt and just watched it for 90mins. We have problem up front they can't hold a ball up and tactically don't know what to do when Gow don't have the ball put no 11 in the bracket as well.

Disappointed in last night performance. Always nice to beat Lanark and win a wee trophy though. I thought the Gow players 1,4,5,6 were the Gows best no8 who scored is always capable of that. Brogan's team set up was good. The Gow management could not adapt and just watched it for 90mins. We have problem up front they can't hold a ball up and tactically don't know what to do when Gow don't have the ball put no 11 in the bracket as well.

:P

Will it be better tomorrow? I'm hoping to be there, good time in the season to put a marker down against that lot across the water! Mon the Gow!

1-0 good enough to win. Some of our players needing to pick it up a bit a few weeks to go before first league game. A bit worried on the left side struggling to beat a man in final third. I was surprised Currie was taken off before Coffey he did not have one of his better games today. On another point how many games have lanark went without a win against the Gow?

1-0 good enough to win. Some of our players needing to pick it up a bit a few weeks to go before first league game. A bit worried on the left side struggling to beat a man in final third. I was surprised Currie was taken off before Coffey he did not have one of his better games today. On another point how many games have lanark went without a win against the Gow?

:P

Who scored the goal? The result is the main thing, couldn't make it today, is there a problem up front? Does wee Rab think big Jack & Coffey are the answer? All these questions, League cup is a bonus comp but better to do well than fail miserably. Larkie probably the hardest test but don't think they are anything special. Mon the Gow!

Meikle scored well worked I don't think it helps Logan is not fit and that's unusual. It's still early although Rab must be concerned that his strikers look off the pace so far? If they don't play and link up it's difficult for the team to play well. That's how I see it.

Meikle scored well worked I don't think it helps Logan is not fit and that's unusual. It's still early although Rab must be concerned that his strikers look off the pace so far? If they don't play and link up it's difficult for the team to play well. That's how I see it.

It was a very well worked goal. Lovely cross from the touchline by the right back

Royal Albert 2-4 Lesmahagow.

Good performance from the Gow in a bruising encounter against their local rivals.

Clever ball from no 8 set up the opening goal for no 7.

Gow no 6 doubled the lead from close range.

Albert no 9 got His team back in the game just before half time blasting home after good work from no 11.

Gow no 7 got a straight red card soon after for introducing his studs to an Albert players shin bone.

HALF TIME - Albert 1-2 Gow.

Albert no 5 put the home side on level terms early in the 2nd half,

Gow no 9 slid the ball home after good work on the right wing from their classy no 10.

Albert were getting back into the game & looked like equalising when Gows best player their no 3 made a tremendous tackle in the box to disposes an Albert player, he then set up a counter attack from which a Gow player sealed a well earned

victory.

Bruising encounter several players will be limping at work tomorrow,

Ref did very well & contributed to an enjoyable nights football.

Royal Albert 2-4 Lesmahagow.

Good performance from the Gow in a bruising encounter against their local rivals.

Clever ball from no 8 set up the opening goal for no 7.

Gow no 6 doubled the lead from close range.

Albert no 9 got His team back in the game just before half time blasting home after good work from no 11.

Gow no 7 got a straight red card soon after for introducing his studs to an Albert players shin bone.

HALF TIME - Albert 1-2 Gow.

Albert no 5 put the home side on level terms early in the 2nd half,

Gow no 9 slid the ball home after good work on the right wing from their classy no 10.

Albert were getting back into the game & looked like equalising when Gows best player their no 3 made a tremendous tackle in the box to disposes an Albert player, he then set up a counter attack from which a Gow player sealed a well earned

victory.

Bruising encounter several players will be limping at work tomorrow,

Ref did very well & contributed to an enjoyable nights football.

Fair report Larky

Fair report Larky

Was 45 enough for you, Nizzy. Your team played very well. The 3rd goal was a bad one to lose.

Several good players on your team, liked the young lad at no 11.

My pliers are older than him.

Was 45 enough for you, Nizzy. Your team played very well. The 3rd goal was a bad one to lose.

Several good players on your team, liked the young lad at no 11.

My pliers are older than him.

Little strain in my left hammy. Got to expect wee niggles after so long out. I had 90 on Saturday v larky. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time v Forth and Lanark

Ha ha he was born in 98 which makes me feel old. Fraser is a good young lad and will do well for himself in the game. We are always trying to improve. Still looking to bring in 1 or 2.

• 2 months later...

Statement taken from the Gow Facebook page

It is with sadness that i have to announce that Robert,s decision to step down as manager of Lesmahagow jfc with immediate effect.

We must thank him for his time,effort,and endeavour throughout his 12 yrs at the club as coach and manager.

Robert was told last night that the door would always remain open if he wishes to join the club again in any capacity.

Gerry Bonham and Eric Watson agreed to take training and team proceedings until further notice.

Andrew Irving General Secetary.

Archived