Arbroath vs Josh Falkingham

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grehan did more in his first 5 minutes than Coult did all game, decent finish from him. Sergio looked decent but for most of the game our midfield was totally overrun. For most of the game Linn looked like the only player capable of producing something. Nervous for Thursday.

Why isn't Grehan starting.? Sergio as well. We looked far better after they came on.

Got in to Arbroath about 20 minutes ago.

Already kicked f**k out of 10 folk, mugged 7 grannies, sank 5 ships in the harbour, overturned 12 cars and have so far set 4 shops on fire. Sitting down to a well deserved breakfast now but later I"m going to pretty much sack the town like folk did to places in medieval times.

What about the woman folk?

That first half is the most dominant 45 minutes I've seen from a Dunfermline team for a good while. Most importantly, we actually looked to have a goal threat, something that wasn't really the case for much of last season. Difficult to say how much of a guide that is for the season ahead though, because Arbroath were horrifically bad in the first half, particularly so their defence. We played quite a lot of balls over the top to run on to, and it was a great tactic because time after time we found space in behind from those. I'd have been raging if my defence had been caught like that, because you simply should not be getting done from the same simple ball over and over again. The space allowed for the shot at the first goal was also ridiculous, and again I would be furious if that hadbeen the other way round.

It wasn't all due to bad defending though, we did genuinely play well. The second and third goals were very well worked, second in particular, and there were many other chance that we didn't take.

Second half was much more even, as it was always going to be. The Arbroath team would almost certainly have had a rocket at half time, while we didn't really need to push on with a comfortable lead. Arbroath were nowhere near as soft in the second half and left less space in behind, meaning they didnt get caught out so easily. They also managed to get winger and full back to work better together on the left, and had some success getting at Ryan Williamson, who is the least strong defensively of the four.

A very comfortable win though, and it would be nice to see a few more this year. We looked quite good in our first game last year, against Annan, then had a horrible season, so it isn't necessarily an indicator of how it will go. A promising start though.

We absolutely slaughtered Arbroath in the first half, a combination of some awful misses (mostly from Moffat...he had a decent game though), some last ditch saves and the woodwork prevented us from being even further ahead at half time.

El Bak showed once again why he's the true Moroccan magician, his first goal being a fine curled effort into the corner from 25 yards out and he showed great positioning for his second. Williamson done really well to put the ball on a platter for Moffat and it was nice to see Wallace get some game time and a decent goal.

Thought we took our foot off the gas a bit in the second half, yet that was understandable as the game was pretty much dead and buried after the third went in. Thought everyone had a good game, with the standouts being BRE, Byrne, Paton and El Bak. Geggan was a bit sloppy in possession at times, yet was reasonably solid throughout.

A good start, yet nothing to get too excited about. We thought we were going to have a good season with our display in this cup against Raith last season and we know how that ended up. Looking forward to the game next week though.

Edit: Fans taking the piss out of Coult was a particular highlight. :lol:

Even in the dire end to last season wee El Bak looked like a player that was improving. I think he'll catch plenty of teams out as for a while he was rightly regarded as a lightweight soft touch. He has clearly worked hard in the gym but also has a ferocious shot with either foot and strikes the ball early, hard and low. Cart horses beware!

Got the job done inside half an hour. It really is no exaggeration to say we could've been 6/7 up at half time - we were that dominant. We swept Arbroath away and but for the woodwork and slightly better finishing we would've been. Really enjoyed all the goals we scored today but the second was very well worked. The relentless nature of our attacking in the first half was great to see.

Obviously it dropped a bit after the break but it spoke volumes that it took Arbroath until then to have a shot at goal. A good performance and hopefully we can take that into next week and keep building momentum.

I thought we were very poor today. Our back line was embarrassing at times. Didn't seem to do the simple things right. We were better in the 2nd half but I think the Pars took there foot off the gas.

Expected win.Full time,bigger budget than any other club in their division,whether they can afford it or not is a different matter,history of not paying the debts.

Shit or bust season

Thanks. Run along now.

Archived