Cambuslang Rangers 2015/16 Thread

thelangonline

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was every bit as bad as the score suggests. Yea it was the first competitive game and all that but I just don't see any plusses. Can't see how we can change it either. There was nothing of any note to praise. What I will say though is at least Kilmartin and MacLeod know what that means to the club and fans. Lots of work to be done.

Might sound daft lads but that result today could be a positive in the long run as it gives every player a boot in the balls and you find out who's up for the fight of turning it around. We had an off day last season losing by same score line to bellshill it made us stronger as a team and we didn't dwell on it to then go on and have a very good end of season

It was every bit as bad as the score suggests. Yea it was the first competitive game and all that but I just don't see any plusses. Can't see how we can change it either. There was nothing of any note to praise. What I will say though is at least Kilmartin and MacLeod know what that means to the club and fans. Lots of work to be done.

Cambuslang were poor all over the park today. I was alarmed at how unfit the players looked. We could use the usual excuses that it's too early to judge , whole new team etc , but I still found today's performance embarrassing & totally unacceptable.

A couple of ex Cambuslang legends from our glory days back in the '70's at the game today , big Rusty Craig & Jim Orr & they must've been bemused by what they witnessed. Tempted to say that it couldn't get any worse, but then I think back to what became of us in the second half of last season when we were absolutely terrible.

I obviously hope I'm proved wrong , but I think we're in for another long , hard , poor season.

Might sound daft lads but that result today could be a positive in the long run as it gives every player a boot in the balls and you find out who's up for the fight of turning it around. We had an off day last season losing by same score line to bellshill it made us stronger as a team and we didn't dwell on it to then go on and have a very good end of season

No JC it's exactly what we would like and hope to happen. We need some sort of reaction come Wednesday but we will just have to wait and see. If we are just as poor on Wednesday v Glencairn then I'm afraid some tough questions might need answered even this early in the season.

Cambuslang are a proud club. Nobody likes losing 8-1. But vics are very decent and a few teams will get that from them this year. As long as Paul has them ready in 3 weeks that's what's most important. Most managers use league cup to give guys a game (an extended pre season). As for talking about making decisions that's totally ridiculous. The guy had to build a team from scratch and hasn't even played a league game.

Cambuslang are a proud club. Nobody likes losing 8-1. But vics are very decent and a few teams will get that from them this year. As long as Paul has them ready in 3 weeks that's what's most important. Most managers use league cup to give guys a game (an extended pre season). As for talking about making decisions that's totally ridiculous. The guy had to build a team from scratch and hasn't even played a league game.

I can take a beating like any supporter, but when there is no reaction on the park, thats what makes it harder to stomach.

As for decisions, i never mentioned the manager, I was more talking about the personnel :guns

When you have watched the games and dont see any improvement with the same players not performing then NO I dont think it is

Apart from Deco , Messi & the winger who joined from Rutherglen , can't remember his name right now, the squad isn't anywhere near good enough for the season ahead.

What happened to some of the lads from last season ? Did the club not see potential in any of the . Easton,Cullen,griffin,Grierson, and the lad troy could all change a game on there own. Alright they had injury issues but was enough done by the club to convince them to stay ?

Archived