Cowdenbeath versus Raith

Wee Sandy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet again we have nothing up front. Filling the team with midfielders, and a light weight strike force is going to be our down fall. Another season of mediocre pish looms. I really can't see past a Cowden win. We have a new culture of losing 2 goals a game, we have absolutely nothing to counter it

Yet again we have nothing up front. Filling the team with midfielders, and a light weight strike force is going to be our down fall. Another season of mediocre pish looms. I really can't see past a Cowden win. We have a new culture of losing 2 goals a game, we have absolutely nothing to counter it

I think that we should just take photos of Fraser from Dad's Army along to the games and hold them up in protest.

Chillax! Stewart and Vaughan will be back in form against Celtic Reserves on Tuesday. They'll both score and we'll win 3-2.

Then another 3-2 win against Cowden on Saturday, en route to another diddy cup winning year.

I think that we should just take photos of Fraser from Dad's Army along to the games and hold them up in protest.

Chillax! Stewart and Vaughan will be back in form against Celtic Reserves on Tuesday. They'll both score and we'll win 3-2.

Then another 3-2 win against Cowden on Saturday, en route to another diddy cup winning year.

To be honest I was waiting on the vultures. It was partly in jest tbf.

You wouldn't have been saying that if you'd been at CP yesterday.

Steady on.

The first team lost 2-0 against teams that arent anywhere near Cowdens level.

The East Fife defeat was a reserve team.

And its pre-season, which historically means absolutely zip.

Funny feeling we'll horse Rovers on Saturday. We could be fielding the last two players to score hat-tricks in Fife derbies, which probably isn't our first choice strike partnership

Still a bit concerned about centre-mid but we have enough firepower to cause some roblems.

It wouldn't be a great shock if we lost this, but I'd rather we didn't.

If Stewart is back to partner Vaughan we'll have a good chance. If not, we'll probably be a bit lacking up front, unless Anderson can fill in.

I can see us being a bit ropey until the team gels. Lot of new faces in midfield and defence and not enough new faces in the forward positions.

Presume we shall line up -

Andrews

Brett, Armstrong, Donaldson, Adamson

Orritt, Milne, Beaumount/Kane/Miller/Hughes, Yakub

Spence, Nish/Armstrong

Hopefully Beaumont will be a star in centre mid if he is fit!

From Cowden's Facebook page:

The segregation arrangements for Saturday's Petrofac Training Cup tie against Raith Rovers are as follows :
Cowdenbeath fans will be housed in the new and old stands, entering by turnstiles 1-4 (right hand side of turnstile block) at the High Street end. Raith Rovers fans will be housed on the south terracing and will enter by turnstiles 5-8 (left hand side of turnstile block) at the High Street end.
Admission prices for this match are £14 Adult and £7 Concession (under 16 or 65 and over).

Archived