Largs Thistle 15/16

Barrfields_Largs

I just love my football, going to any game is better than stuck in the hoose or trailing round silver burn imo.

I certainly wouldn't be put off by the playing surface in use.

Understand bud . Just no for me

Largs is 1 of the better surfaces but when you look at Peasies pitch or Bellshills old pitch then it puts you right off .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are looking at the worst of those pitches that are years old, not for one second are you thinking of the present or the future and the benefits.

In ten year time with the advancement in technology you will probably still come up with those two examples and harp on about the good old days when pitches were real pitches!

I speak as a supporter in his 50s since the 70s.

You speak as a supporter in his 50s since the 70s..... are you Dorian Gray or Dr. Who?

I'm not a fan of artificial surfaces for football by any stretch of the imagination, but it would never be a reason for me not to go see my team if & when they play on these type of pitches. I go to cheer on my team & hopefully see them win just the same as everyone else on here does with they're respective teams , whether it's grass or plastic. . I'd never say to myself 'wait a minute , it's not grass today , that's it I'm not going'. Ridiculous excuse in my opinion.

We've already been to Port Glasgow & Benburb this season & won on both occasions. If we'd lost these games , I wouldn't be coming out with the excuse 'it was because of the artificial pitch', or 'soulless stadium' etc.

Each season there's more & more of these pitches in the juniors. That's where I sort of agree with 'white van man' in that it's part & parcel of junior football these days for players & spectators , so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Just for you village idiot i am 57 and supported junior football since 1972.

Good luck today you'll need it.

[/quote

You'll remember my pub team getting to a final and two semis then, which is two more semis than you'll be getting auld yin

What it is with some of you people.Dinosaurs who cannot accept change . I mean seriously wouldn't let my worst enemy watch a game on that, count me out what a drama queen.

I won't watch games on 'fake grass ' I won't watch games at these 'souless ' new venues. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Load of nonsense from people who need to get used to the new facilities and new pitches that are going to become the norm.

These are the same people who will complain when games are off or if a place has seen better days.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Largs Thistle as a venue great hospitality, great food, good surrounding and a good flat even surface to play football on.

Get grip my advice to you dinosaur junior supporters.

imagine calling guys in there 20s and 30s dinosaurs ???????????? fake grass is pish to play on and pish to watch.. I haven't met a player yet that is overly happy at the thought of playing on it.. it's injury prone. It ruins the game end of story.

All about attitude son not what age you are.

You can be 30 and have a backward old fashioned view of the game. Dinosaurs.

Oh well done Largs Thistle.[/quote.. awright then dad.. attitude is as stated. 90 percent players don't like it and 99 percent fans don't like it.. dinosaurs win

Not only does he feel the need to argue with everyone, also feels the need to call everyone son? Get a grip ya idiot, just think a football forum where each person has they're own opinion, amazing eh!! anyone that disagrees with you, you feel the need to patronise them, your opinion isn't the same as everyone else so deal with it

it's injury prone.

You of course have the data to back up this assertion or else you'd never have made such a wild claim, would be good if you could share this data that you possess with the rest of us, thanks.

You of course have the data to back up this assertion or else you'd never have made such a wild claim, would be good if you could share this data that you possess with the rest of us, thanks.

C'mon mate. Have you ever actually spoken to any players about these surfaces?

One guy told me he would be lucky to be still playing beyond his early 30's if he had to play on these pitches every other week and he's only 27!!

Hear more negative feedback from players than positive.

Yet more anecdotal information, still waiting on the scientific proof rather than sabre rattling from the dinosaurs.

All about attitude son not what age you are.

You can be 30 and have a backward old fashioned view of the game. Dinosaurs.

Oh well done Largs Thistle.

If you were 13 when you started watching junior football then you haven't played on grass never mind plastic so you are hardly qualified to comment although that doesn't seem to stop you auld yin.

Yet more anecdotal information, still waiting on the scientific proof rather than sabre rattling from the dinosaurs.

Am not totally against these surfaces, happy my team plays on grass, not that big a deal my team maybe play 2 out of their 30 odd games a season on 3 or 4G. Just found it strange you would start asking someone for data to back their opinion up.

My opinion doesn't really matter much nor does any scientific proof.

I have merely based my opinion on the feedback I have received over the years from the guys that actually play competitive games on these surfaces.

are you want me to get a survey going around our junior grounds? Happy to do that everywhere we visit and drop it into dressing rooms but I'll stick to good old chat to players after games in general to where I get my info for now.. infact a Largs player told me himself his knees never been so bad his whole career.. it's not rocket science and am not looking for argument am stating what percentage players Ave spoke to that don't like it and it's around 90 percent that are suffering knocks.. I played myself on 4g in Sundays and all the lads done nothing but moan so also heard it personally in dressing rooms..

Hopefully we get promoted and can host ladeside next season, obv not a derby ???? and have nice wee time wi their players and committee. Pity that klfc supporters won't be there, boycotting our surface. Shame that

yours is one of best around and your set up isn't souless ????

Hopefully we get promoted and can host ladeside next season, obv not a derby and have nice wee time wi their players and committee. Pity that klfc supporters won't be there, boycotting our surface. Shame that

Where did anyone say boycott ?

All I stated was that i wouldn't go to your game yesterday & that i don't like watching my team playing on a carpet

If Ladedide had to play on broken glass then j would watch them

Im just not going to go to a game on a carpet where I would be a neutral

Archived