Bonnyrigg Rose 2015-16

Boomtown Boy

The reason was that assistants who normally get junior games were moved to Scottish Cup duty and were also used to backfill the LL.

Unfortunately with not being part of the pyramid the juniors are at the back of the queue for assistants these days, as the LL gets filled first.

And of course there is a shortage of them in any case. No wonder though. who would take the abuse they get for the pittance they receive.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitch looked best I've ever seen it. Also has top corner been lowered slightly?

You'll have to get AM onto the pies as well as the pitch though as they're still disappointing.

Yip, pitch looked really good, well done, even with the wee bit of a slope it's infinitely better than any of these plastic efforts. Have to mention the young lady on the gate saying "enjoy the game" as you paid your money, doesn't cost anything to be nice, well done again.

Yip, pitch looked really good, well done, even with the wee bit of a slope it's infinitely better than any of these plastic efforts. Have to mention the young lady on the gate saying "enjoy the game" as you paid your money, doesn't cost anything to be nice, well done again.

Also thanks to lad at other gate who seen me with near 12yr old son and his pal and waved them in saying they were free. Other teams should follow suit to encourage the youngsters to attend. Son then tapped me for £6 for juice, pie etc.

Also thanks to lad at other gate who seen me with near 12yr old son and his pal and waved them in saying they were free. Other teams should follow suit to encourage the youngsters to attend. Son then tapped me for £6 for juice, pie etc.

Doubt that he would have got £6 quid out of you!!!

Joking aside that is a great move by Bonnyrigg and one which others should learn from. To many clubs look upon people attending as no more than ££'s and don't see the bigger picture.

Well done Bonnyrigg

At St Andrews on Saturday they were allowing under 16's in free. As a result I bought a programme and raffles and pies for the kids, so ended up spending more and was happy to do so.

Without wishing to hijack the Bonnyrigg thread - your actions are exactly why clubs should be encouraging kids along because they bring a parent in tow and badger them to spend money.

On Saturday I arrived at Bonnyrigg and the first thing you come across on entry was a stall selling scarves and strips.

Good to see clubs showing vision to engage and attract fans - wish ours would

Wasn't universal captain as I was charged for my two young speckies 12 & 8.

Not complaining tho, but they both still skinned me inside for the pie hut also!! Thankfully we came away with the points to make it all better.

I have always paid for my 2 boys at Lithgae when they were under 15 no probs, money goes to the club, but a fair way of knowing would be better as on Saturday at Bonnyrigg the guy on the gate waved the wee fella in.

Yep as you say they are the future as we go where we can when we can and as always refreshments are a necessity, it is enlightening to be able to stand behind an opponents dug out and have a balanced conversation rather than the usual foul or abusive language that gets tossed about.

Archived