Bonnyrigg Rose 2015-16

Boomtown Boy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bonnyrigg number 9 absolutely destroyed the Nitten captain time and time again, right until the last 5 minutes when he won the penalty off him.

Nitten were really poor for me, Bonnyrigg deserved it. Although Nitten missed two sitters at 2-1, the second one, number 14 I think, went clean through and missed when it looked like he couldn't miss.

aside from that. The referee was absolutely shocking, for both sides. He gave a free kick for Nitten when it was a stone wall penalty, Thomson walked away laughed and shrugged his shoulders to the crowd as he knew it should have been a pen. But just generally giving things the wrong way and making basic stupid errors.

Neither side will win the league, both looking for 3rd or 4th place finishes.

Anyone know what punishment Renton will get for having 2 straight reds?

Onto the game, can't argue with what's been said so far. McGachie and Hoskins were superb, Nelson and Stewart deserve some praise to. Only thing for me was Kidd, is he still unfit? Carrying a knock? Something doesn't look right with him

Very poor start.

Had a few decent chances to equalise in the second half but never really looked like scoring.

Plenty of corners but nobody would attack the ball.

Grant is not a good enough keeper and was at fault for both goals. Disappointing that our new keeper, Bald, chose to go to a wedding instead of playing in the first game of the season for his new club.

McGachie isn't the answer up front. For his size, he doesn't put himself about enough and he never looks like a goal threat. No signs of improvement since his last spell here. Archibald looked more dangerous when he was moved up front for the last 20 mins.

Big improvement needed with a few tough games coming up.

Think big Keiron put himself about enough last night?

If he had a red card on Saturday why was he not suspended for last nights game ???????

Gets either 5 or 7 days to appeal the decision. First game of suspension would be the following Saturday. (I think)

I did say that Big Kieran was a player and that maybe Bonnyrigg could get him going again. Hopefully take in the game today, Best of luck to both Teams and hopefully a good game in prospect.

Ruined by the top game in the east super league not having any linesman!

Don't think we managed a shot on goal the second half as much as Kieron's came on big time having mclaren and Mcintosh on the sidelines is always going to catch up with us!

Ruined by the top game in the east super league not having any linesman!

Don't think we managed a shot on goal the second half as much as Kieron's came on big time having mclaren and Mcintosh on the sidelines is always going to catch up with us!

Hard enough to Referee a Saturday Amateur game without linesman but the man in the middle has to make decisions on what he actually witnesses not Base it upon shouts.

Hard enough to Referee a Saturday Amateur game without linesman but the man in the middle has to make decisions on what he actually witnesses not Base it upon shouts.

100% agree with you my friend. Been there and done it this morning. A very hard job never mind trying to referee a game of the ilk of Bonnyrigg & Lithgae.

Pitch looked best I've ever seen it. Also has top corner been lowered slightly?

You'll have to get AM onto the pies as well as the pitch though as they're still disappointing.

No mate , it hasn't and I just eat pies lol

I'm guessing I've missed the reasoning behind no lino's. None at Olivebank yesterday. Makes it doubley hard for the ref's. The fact the ref yesterday was atrocious just compounded things!!!!!

The reason was that assistants who normally get junior games were moved to Scottish Cup duty and were also used to backfill the LL.

Unfortunately with not being part of the pyramid the juniors are at the back of the queue for assistants these days, as the LL gets filled first.

And of course there is a shortage of them in any case. No wonder though. who would take the abuse they get for the pittance they receive.

Archived