Poor Show from Lanark United

allanmac

Lesmahagow Juniors recently paid out £5000 jackpot to their winner of their weekly lucky 4 numbers draw

A couple of years ago Lanark United who run a similar draw had built up a jackpot to £4000 which had run for a while and took the decision to reduce it to £1000 without the jackpot being won ???

Surely they could not do this before the initial £4000 had been won

Hopefully someone from Lanark will clear this up as other junior clubs have paid out big jackpots before they changed the rules

nobody will buy a ticket if true

Bloody right - I aint buying any tickets for a 2 year old draw EVER again! b*****ds!!!

Lesmahagow Juniors recently paid out £5000 jackpot to their winner of their weekly lucky 4 numbers draw

A couple of years ago Lanark United who run a similar draw had built up a jackpot to £4000 which had run for a while and took the decision to reduce it to £1000 without the jackpot being won ???

Hopefully someone from Lanark will clear this up as other junior clubs have paid out big jackpots before they changed the rules Obviously another PPi pest

Ours has been going 109 weeks and the jackpot is up to £10,900 we have a licence up to a jackpot of £25,000.

I take it starts at £100 and goes up by £100 eack week until it is won. Not a great deal for trhe winner if it is won in the very first week. Our lottery which I presume is run exactly the same as your own (four numbers of the six Lotto numbers, excluding bonus ball) restarts at £500 when it has been won and also goes up £100 per week.

Too bad for us if it is won that week, we take the hit, which is exactly what happened last week after it was won at £3800 two weeks ago, not the first time this has happened either.

As a matter of interest are you prepared to divulge what your average weekly takings are?

I thought not!

Hopefully someone from Lanark will clear this up as other junior clubs have paid out big jackpots before they changed the rules

Lanark are worse than ISIS.

I take it starts at £100 and goes up by £100 eack week until it is won. Not a great deal for trhe winner if it is won in the very first week. Our lottery which I presume is run exactly the same as your own (four numbers of the six Lotto numbers, excluding bonus ball) restarts at £500 when it has been won and also goes up £100 per week.

Too bad for us if it is won that week, we take the hit, which is exactly what happened last week after it was won at £3800 two weeks ago, not the first time this has happened either.

As a matter of interest are you prepared to divulge what your average weekly takings are?

I thought not!

We start at £1000 so like yourselves we'll take the hit if it's won in the first ten weeks.

As for the takings the annual figures are included in our accounts so feel free to come to our AGM.

Ours has been going 109 weeks and the jackpot is up to £10,900 we have a licence up to a jackpot of £25,000.

Adding £100 a week to £1000 for 109 weeks should make the jackpot £11900. or does it stay at £1000 for ten weeks then the additional £100 is added from then on. Just interested to know how it works as we have been hit a few times with it being won a second, or even a third time, within a fairly short space of time.

With the change to 59 numbers coming soon it is obviously going to become much more fifficult to get the four numbers needed for a winner and intervals between winners are going to stretch even further. I have heard of some clubs lotteries going for as much as five years without a winner. It may be that the number of entrants is small, therefore actual surplus after putting aside the prize money is not so great either.

A bit of a balancing act but with so many other lotteries, scratch cards, etc. out there it is becoming even harder to compete, our takings have shown a slow, but steady decline over the past few years and as it is our major source of income we have to find ways of making it more attractive to the punters, most of whom never come near the park.

Would I be allowed to come to your AGM if I did decide to have a day out in St Andrews, Its a lovely town and we have come up at least twice for friendlies. Give our regards to Romeo Borella, our ex-player who played in our losing side in the 1957 junior final and got his winners medal with St Andrews in 1959. A great guy and a very fine player in his day.

I havnt heard of Lanark playing a lottery ... Quite a riddiculous statement to be fair, has your frustration built up until you got the confidence to speak up?

Im sure this would have come out earlier if they had a lottery and did do it .

Put you big spoon away !!

In a similar fashion Kilmarnock do a weekly "Hit the Bar" thing where (I think) you get £100 for winning the raffle and then an extra £400 if you go on the park and hit the crossbar from about 30 yards.

I've said for a long that Killie should move the distance back a little bit (maybe to the edge of the centre circle if not the halfway line) and continue to roll this prize over until someone wins it.

After 1 season the prize would be £8000 (roughly) and then it could go as high as £40000 after 5 seasons or so. Of course someone could hit it quickly (I get that) but the chances of your average Joe hitting it are very small. I would reckon that crowds/raffle sales would go up as the prize got bigger and could actually take over the football as the main entertainment at Rugby Park.

Edie - Apologies I just realised I went away on a bit of a tangent.

Archived