Preseasonwatch 2015

HibeeJibee

How long you keeping this drivel going for?! Time will tell whether getting rid of Micky was a good call or not. Don't particularly like the guy but whitehill were better with him than they will be without in my opinion

Thanks for that ... Whitehill beat the 6th best team in the West Juniors with 10 men, 13 new signings and 2 of last years U20s involved and this is all we are getting. Drivel and bore right enough.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that ... Whitehill beat the 6th best team in the West Juniors with 10 men, 13 new signings and 2 of last years U20s involved and this is all we are getting. Drivel and bore right enough.

Calm doon Rab

We'll be getting called big heeded next :D

Bit disappointing the 2 decent results in pre season for ww.....was looking forward to the absolute meltdown from a good few on here and the tales off impending armeggedon on the streets off rosewell

Well naebody else is doing much pre season talking patches ? WW must've been only LL team in action yesterday :D

I'll give it a go then.

Watched Spartans so called friendly against Cove yesterday. Got a bit overheated late on when Cove's Jonny Smith decided to play keepie-uppie with Jack Blaikie, not once but twice. For some mysterious reason, the ref decided only to book him, but their gaffer saw sense and whipped him off (not literally). At this point Smith had words with some of the Spartans fans and a lot of 'c' words were exchanged :o. Cove's boss John Sherin had an interesting take on his players actions, he reckoned it was the ref's fault as he hadn't clamped down on the tackling early on!

Standing between the dug-outs is really entertaining and you realise what an immense pile of crap is shouted by players and coaching staff under the guise of instructions and complaints (except by Dougie of course). This usually includes loads of sweary words - step forward Mickey Lawson and Mickey Weir - but Cove's players took it up a notch,seemingly unable to complete a sentence without cursing. F***ing Idiots :)

Back to the game. As with last weeks friendly against Huntly, the defence didn't look to clever against crosses and set-pieces. A commanding goalie might be a priority. Couple of trialists, one in central defence and the other on the left wing look decent. I'm sure another trialist was Danny Main as was Jack Blaikie (thought he was just out on loan last season?). Dan Ward and Keith Murray look good signings and it's good to see Willie Herd back. Also, for a young kid, Aaron Murrell looks very impressive.

Anyone know if Kevin Swain, Kevin Sievewright, Jack Nixon and Erroll Douglas are still around?

ps. Does Grim get danger money for filming in high winds?

Anyone know if Kevin Swain, Kevin Sievewright, Jack Nixon and Erroll Douglas are still around?

No they have all moved on.

The list so far is

Kevin Sivewright retired

Kevin Swain to Lothian Thistle

Mikey Bruce to Whitehill

Errol Douglas Moved down south (Coventry I think)

Ketih McLeod to Spartans EOS

Donal Henretty to Spartans EOS

Jack Nixon to Stirling Uni

JP Sludden to Stirling Uni

Kevin Motion to Newtongrange

Jack Beacher Moved to London

Ian Thomson Retired

Robbie Ross Still injured but may play in

October

Gary Cennerazzo Moved to USA

Willie Bremner Still travelling may return later in season.

So it looks like a rebuilding season at Ainslie park.

Tranent was 6-1 was it not?

6-1 going by twitter, with 6 scorers detailed so probably right.

Dalbeattie 1-1 Airdrie (2-4p).

Anyone got Threave's half-match results from yesterday?

Selkirk visit Sandys tomorrow.

Anyone know if Kevin Swain, Kevin Sievewright, Jack Nixon and Erroll Douglas are still around?No they have all moved on.The list so far isKevin Sivewright retiredKevin Swain to Lothian ThistleMikey Bruce to WhitehillErrol Douglas Moved down south (Coventry I think)Ketih McLeod to Spartans EOSDonal Henretty to Spartans EOSJack Nixon to Stirling UniJP Sludden to Stirling UniKevin Motion to NewtongrangeJack Beacher Moved to LondonIan Thomson RetiredRobbie Ross Still injured but may play inOctoberGary Cennerazzo Moved to USAWillie Bremner Still travelling may return later in season.So it looks like a rebuilding season at Ainslie park.

Some cracking players there to be replaced hoofy ,cheers for the update.

Bsc glasgow 1-4 albion rovers, a really good game yesterday and another good workout for bsc they done well in the first half and went in at 0-0 but albion rovers gradually started bringing on their first team squad and took a grip of the match very good passing side and really strong at the back should do well this season as for bsc looking pretty good and it's on to the Kilwinning rangers tournament next Saturday and Sunday

I'll give it a go then.

Watched Spartans so called friendly against Cove yesterday. Got a bit overheated late on when Cove's Jonny Smith decided to play keepie-uppie with Jack Blaikie, not once but twice. For some mysterious reason, the ref decided only to book him, but their gaffer saw sense and whipped him off (not literally). At this point Smith had words with some of the Spartans fans and a lot of 'c' words were exchanged :o. Cove's boss John Sherin had an interesting take on his players actions, he reckoned it was the ref's fault as he hadn't clamped down on the tackling early on!

Standing between the dug-outs is really entertaining and you realise what an immense pile of crap is shouted by players and coaching staff under the guise of instructions and complaints (except by Dougie of course). This usually includes loads of sweary words - step forward Mickey Lawson and Mickey Weir - but Cove's players took it up a notch,seemingly unable to complete a sentence without cursing. F***ing Idiots :)

Back to the game. As with last weeks friendly against Huntly, the defence didn't look to clever against crosses and set-pieces. A commanding goalie might be a priority. Couple of trialists, one in central defence and the other on the left wing look decent. I'm sure another trialist was Danny Main as was Jack Blaikie (thought he was just out on loan last season?). Dan Ward and Keith Murray look good signings and it's good to see Willie Herd back. Also, for a young kid, Aaron Murrell looks very impressive.

ps. Does Grim get danger money for filming in high winds?

It's Mikey Herd not Willie, I thought he had a cracking game, was tragic the injury he got last season, hope he'll be fully fit soon.

Young Aaron is a superb talent.

I'll get the highlights up tomorrow. But no danger money, just free pies & a packamac. Apparently the Grim Tower is going to get a bit of a makeover soon.

Grimbo

I was up Ainslie Park way earlier & saw Beezer being given the run around by the wee kids. Good to see him back. Had been away any longer I was going to start a rumour he'd signed for the Welfare or done other disparate side? :)

Grimbo

Archived