All Hurlford United chat 2015/16

The'FORD

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why has nobody let Darvel Legend know the final score? Anyway the final score was League and Scottish Junior Cup Champions 4 Ayrshire cup winners 3. From 2-0 up and 3-1 up Hurlford couldn't handle the sheer determination of Talbot who in the 2nd half probably played the best they have all season.

Daz played most of the match on his arse as usual thought, the no 8 bullied Talbot in the first half but was subbed due to not being in the game second half.

Well we will just have to give Hurlford 3 of a start next time to mhak​e a game of it. Did I mention perfectly good goal chalked off for offside :thumsup2

Superb second half performance by the 'Bot today. Why does your number nine wear fitba boots btw? He'd be better off with sheep's hooves the amount of time he spends munching grass every time he plays us.

Do the Hurlford folk still see their team as title challengers after this?

I don't think they're quite out of it yet but another slip could see Talbot take a double figure lead over them and that would surely be that. KRR can do similar too.

Chucking a two goal lead against your main rivals is criminal to be honest. You should never lose from that position.

Hurlford have now taken less than half of the points available to them. They desperately need a winning run and they have done it before, but you wonder how many games will be played over the winter months on their pitch. If anything they could fall further from the pace setters.

I don't think they're quite out of it yet but another slip could see Talbot take a double figure lead over them and that would surely be that. KRR can do similar too.

Chucking a two goal lead against your main rivals is criminal to be honest. You should never lose from that position.

Hurlford have now taken less than half of the points available to them. They desperately need a winning run and they have done it before, but you wonder how many games will be played over the winter months on their pitch. If anything they could fall further from the pace setters.

Talbot have a history of fighting to the final whistle. This shouldn't reflect in Hurlford badly. They have a lot of critics but tbh they are a decent team.

In response to some of ford fans shouting Talbot are a one cup team.......quotes like that won't get under our skin. Just pop into the clubhouse and see the MORE than one cup we have won. :-)

Hurl £ord just need to create their own history over time like we do.

Difficult to be positive when we have lead in all 7 league matches so far, but dropped 11 points; but positive we must remain. We were the best side on Saturday for the first hour, and our other two defeats came from having a man sent off when we were leading (although KRR were better than us second half), so we have to build on that. The points that are gone, are gone.

If we can keep our shape and our discipline we can beat anybody IMO - if that's enough to still win the league, will depend on the performance of the other title challengers.

Difficult to be positive when we have lead in all 7 league matches so far, but dropped 11 points; but positive we must remain. We were the best side on Saturday for the first hour, and our other two defeats came from having a man sent off when we were leading (although KRR were better than us second half), so we have to build on that. The points that are gone, are gone.

If we can keep our shape and our discipline we can beat anybody IMO - if that's enough to still win the league, will depend on the performance of the other title challengers.

I dont think yous were better for the first hour i thought we were 2-0 down against the run of play but after being 2 goals down twice i did fear for us but the old talbot fighting spirit came back and the rest they say is history.

I dont think yous were better for the first hour i thought we were 2-0 down against the run of play but after being 2 goals down twice i did fear for us but the old talbot fighting spirit came back and the rest they say is history.

It's funny how we were at the same match yet saw a different game ;-)

Archived