Official Clydebank 15/16 Thread

BankieBear

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awrite troops, I trust you're looking forward to your trip to West Dunbartonshire's premier football club next Saturday.

I'm just wondering how things are shaping up for the season, work has stopped me from getting to as many midweek junior games as I used to so my knowledge is a no where near where it was a while back!

Lumsden never really impressed me in the 20s games I saw him play for us (or indeed against yourselves last season), but he's still very young for a 'keeper and was on the fringes of the first team squad for the last few seasons.

Is Del still with you, and is he fit? Would be nice to see him back at the Rock, he was a real hero of our promotion season in 08/09.

It's a tough one bringing in a load of 21s into a team especially at super league level. Yes they may all be superb prospects but the juniors is tough gig for a lot of young guys and when throwing a good few into the one team can be a big gamble. They will need a few old heads amongst them to keep the in line and protect them at times but with the right guidance and coaching hopefully a few will end up top juniors. I remember my one season at Maryhill quite a few boys joined from Harmony row and a couple of other 21s teams and they discovered a couple of gems in Sawyers ( hit about 30 odd goals first season) and Sideserf now at Pollok I think. Personally I hope it works out for the Bankies as I like Budgie and would love to see you go back up first time of asking.

Budgie acknowledges in the local paper this week that he is looking for some experienced players to come in and help these lads making the step up - we have got the likes of Phil Barclay , Scott Walker , Andy Paterson and Graham Mort already there but would like to see an experienced striker in particular to help the younger recruits to the squad.

Awrite troops, I trust you're looking forward to your trip to West Dunbartonshire's premier football club next Saturday.

I'm just wondering how things are shaping up for the season, work has stopped me from getting to as many midweek junior games as I used to so my knowledge is a no where near where it was a while back!

Lumsden never really impressed me in the 20s games I saw him play for us (or indeed against yourselves last season), but he's still very young for a 'keeper and was on the fringes of the first team squad for the last few seasons.

Is Del still with you, and is he fit? Would be nice to see him back at the Rock, he was a real hero of our promotion season in 08/09.

Lumsden is first choice keeper for the Bankies? Good luck to him, but I fancy a wee game of shooty-in on Saturday. Shame I'm missing the game.

Lumsden is first choice keeper for the Bankies? Good luck to him, but I fancy a wee game of shooty-in on Saturday. Shame I'm missing the game.

Would expect we'll start the season with Hamilton still as our number one, as he has been for the last few seasons.

Archived