Troon FC 2015/16

Troon Portland

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a read at this thread and was interested to see the comments about Chappie. Having played with and against some of the best midfielders the West juniors have had to offer I have to say Chappie has all the qualities to be up there. If I was a premier manager he would be on my wish list no doubt. I'm not saying he's the finished article but I have seen him close hand get better and better the last few seasons and I think he has more to come.

With regards Gillies at his age he probably was retiring thinking enough was enough until Talbot came calling and who would blame him. But I don't get all the fuss , he was out of contract, free to go elsewhere and could have just told Troon he wasn't signing again if he had known of their interest prior to his announcement. If he had a year to go and negotiated a "free" to sign with say a smaller team then fair enough but it wasn't. Blown all out of proportion IMO

having said he was going to retire and then signing for t@lbot sounds to me that he never gave troon a chance to see what they could offer him as I thought he/players would give the clubs theve just finished with the first chance before signing on with another team (especially saying that there going to retire)........ unless he just blatently just didn't want to sign again with them

obviously just my opinion tho

• 2 weeks later...

Chatham is a cracking player and i have no doubt he deserves to be playing week in week out in the top junior league. Has all attributes (including being good with both feet which is a rare thing to see) needed for that league and i wish him and Troon all the best for the forthcoming year.

NEW SIGNING!!

Troon FC are delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with both Ally Semple and Cumnock ahead of his move to Portland Park. Our management team of Jimmy Kirkwood & Gordon Burns are delighted that undoubtedly one of the best keepers in Junior football will be our last line of defence this season, and given our other business in the summer we are very excited about the season ahead.

As part of the agreement, goalkeeper Darren Johnston will move to Cumnock & I would like to wish Darren all the very best with his new team.

Welcome to the club, Ally!

www.troonfc.com/

NEW SIGNING!!

Troon FC are delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with both Ally Semple and Cumnock ahead of his move to Portland Park. Our management team of Jimmy Kirkwood & Gordon Burns are delighted that undoubtedly one of the best keepers in Junior football will be our last line of defence this season, and given our other business in the summer we are very excited about the season ahead.

As part of the agreement, goalkeeper Darren Johnston will move to Cumnock & I would like to wish Darren all the very best with his new team.

Welcome to the club, Ally!

www.troonfc.com/

Thought we had seen the last of this weasel, but like a bad penny he keeps turning up

I'm very sorry to say that Tony Murphy has decided that due to work commitments, he is going to retire from football and has now left the club.

Been a great servant to the club & has been a big part of what we've done over the last few years. Sorry to see him go & wish him all the best!!

http://troonfc.com/news/moving-on-tony-murphy/

I'm very sorry to say that Tony Murphy has decided that due to work commitments, he is going to retire from football and has now left the club.

Been a great servant to the club & has been a big part of what we've done over the last few years. Sorry to see him go & wish him all the best!!

http://troonfc.com/news/moving-on-tony-murphy/

Until he turns up at Talbot!!

• 2 weeks later...

I realise teams exaggerate press releases but that statement is garbage. Winning the Ayrshire Cup and reaching the WOS Final is deemed the best season in the clubs history.

Have they forgotton the season they actually won the WOS beating Arthurlie in the Final (possibly 2005 season).

Archived