Gartcairn Juniors FC 2015/2016

Gartcairn Army

nah your right mate it comes from our facebook page and a certain kerry davidson on here trying to shit stir!

Not guilty, your honour.

It was a genuine question looking for clarification, as the goal was referred to on facebook as the (direct quote) "fastest junior goal in 10.5 seconds", but in my opinion a friendly is not an official match and records can only be made/broken in official matches, my mistake if I'm wrong.

I was contemplating a red dot for calling me kerry, too but I refrained as that would probably seen as "shit stirring".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not guilty, your honour.

It was a genuine question looking for clarification, as the goal was referred to on facebook as the (direct quote) "fastest junior goal in 10.5 seconds", but in my opinion a friendly is not an official match and records can only be made/broken in official matches, my mistake if I'm wrong.

I was contemplating a red dot for calling me kerry, too but I refrained as that would probably seen as "shit stirring".

:blink:

Just realised its Friday you play!!

lol.

guys everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad. I enjoy reading the negative posts - its actually what drives me in life.

e.g. you will never be a coach, what do keepers know about football = childrens license+uefa B

you will never have more than 2 teams in the academy = 60+ teams, 500 children, 100+ adults

you will never get your own park = own park

you will never have a junior team in Airdrie = Junior team

you will never run a good festival = 7th year running it, always packed out with teams.

keep that negativity coming - I LOVE IT!

lol.

guys everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad. I enjoy reading the negative posts - its actually what drives me in life.

e.g. you will never be a coach, what do keepers know about football = childrens license+uefa B

you will never have more than 2 teams in the academy = 60+ teams, 500 children, 100+ adults

you will never get your own park = own park

you will never have a junior team in Airdrie = Junior team

you will never run a good festival = 7th year running it, always packed out with teams.

keep that negativity coming - I LOVE IT!

Calm down ha.

Tomorrow its the Albion rovers youth team? And linesmen? Is that right mate?

Calm down ha.

Tomorrow its the Albion rovers youth team? And linesmen? Is that right mate?

what do we need linesmen/3rd officials for? and yes friday nights game is a mix of 1st team who are either coming back from injury or not sharp enough with their u21s/u19s although to be perfectly honest i never knew they had youth teams. regardless im sure it will be a tough tough game for our team but more importantly for us we hope to show the fans what coming to watch us is all about. As already stated there will be a lot for the children to participate in. Hopefully it will be a decent wee night. People are saying 500+ will be attending but i think that is mental speculation, realistically I would say 200+ but hey it may be higher as a load of people are interested in this Friday night football malarky and the new juniors. Time will tell i suppose.

Well i know you wouldn't need fourth officials. Was Just thinking given the senior opposition even though the younger players, and given at a senior ground and charging fiver to get in, the game might of had linesmen.

Anyway sure it will be a good occasion and i actually like your strip and new scarves, saw them on twitter, try sell them to saladman,don't think he will need much persuasion to buy them!

Hey, don't get me wrong, there's no negativity from me towards Gartcairn. They are full of enthusiasm and good ideas and seem to be very busy putting them into place, and long may that continue.

I appreciate that Friday night's game is an historic moment for the club, i.e. its first official "home" match, and a souvenir programme would be a collector's item for many people. If somebody gave me anything to do with Glencairn from 1896 it would be very special, so £5 entry on Friday night and £2 for a programme doesn't seem too steep to be fair. I just wouldn't expect that to be able to be sustained for future friendlies at junior level.

But as I've said a couple of times now, good luck. I know one of the people behind the club pretty well and have been introduced to a couple of others, and they seem genuinely excited about what is happening there.

RRG we have linesmen as well as a referee, we also have spent over £300 on toys for the kids half time penalty shoot out and we are also introducing our new Mascot "Cairney the Mitie mouse"

We have hospitality at the Fourways Bar which includes a 3 course meal 2 drinks and match entry for £20 which we have sold 23 if your interested or if you would like to be my guest at hospitality at the stadium that's drinks the game halftime pie sandwiches tea and coffee and a drink at full time before venturing back to the Fourways Bar for food and drinks, you are very welcome.

This is our first game lads so to us it's special to you it's just a kick about. We expect the Rovers to have a mix of squad players trialests and under 20s. I don't honestly care about the result but simply putting on a we show for the local public and our academy.

We have been asked to send 20 programmes to one gentleman in Ayrshire and 4 programmes to a company in Cowdenbeath lol it's all history.

The following Friday we play Rossvale at our own 3G park 7 30 KO and it's pay what you want to get in.

We have sold just under 100 season tickets although half are kids we are delighted with this.

All welcome anytime

All good mate! 300 quid on toys for one game, that's what you call catering for the younger generation!

Thanks for the invite but you don't need to offer anything like to a normal junior supporter like me. I am lucky if i get to one of my own teams pre season games!

People are saying 500+ will be attending but i think that is mental speculation, realistically I would say 200+ but hey it may be higher as a load of people are interested in this Friday night football malarky and the new juniors. Time will tell i suppose.

Wasn't it yourself, or at least another Gartcairn poster, who started the 500 claims? Pretty sure it was.

If you get more than 50 for a pre-season friendly you'll be doing well.

Good luck and all that but I hope you haven't budgeted on 200 people turning up.

Wasn't it yourself, or at least another Gartcairn poster, who started the 500 claims? Pretty sure it was.

If you get more than 50 for a pre-season friendly you'll be doing well.

Good luck and all that but I hope you haven't budgeted on 200 people turning up.

buddy there is more than 50 coming from our 2007 age group!!!!

buddy there is more than 50 coming from our 2007 age group!!!!

Yeah a first ever home friendly, you can expect a decent crowd but think you know as everyone else that the norm for friendlies will be of a much much lower number as drs says for a run of mill normal friendly 50 is decent.

you and the rest of the doom and gloom brigade are welcome to come over and count the fans going in.

Where was I doom and gloom?

Realism is different from doom and gloom, fair play to Gartcairn if they can get 500+ fans at every home game excluding those who are getting free entry.

History and experience would tend to suggest they wont and that's realism.

Archived