Downfields appeal result

jimmyg

only appeal they have left is sfa and they have never overturned a decision by a junior committee congratulations Thornton on winning the league title maybe a wee bit tainted but the history books will still show thornton hibs as champions 2014/15 season

The SFA have overturned SJFA decisions since football was invented.

The bigger picture here is, when is the re-instatement system going to be binned? A player is a player is a player.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only appeal they have left is sfa and they have never overturned a decision by a junior committee congratulations Thornton on winning the league title maybe a wee bit tainted but the history books will still show thornton hibs as champions 2014/15 season

The SFA have overturned SJFA decisions since football was invented.

The bigger picture here is, when is the re-instatement system going to be binned? A player is a player is a player.

You don't have to go that far back to see these things being overturned. Linlithgow Rose were deprived of the St Michael's Cup in 1932 when the SJFA overruled the East Region on the outcome of a protest by Penicuik. Not that it still rankles ...

There have been several reinstatement cases this season... not 100% sure, but across the 3 regions at least a couple have affected titles, and another has affected relegation? And it seems to happen every season. Sometimes the clubs sit mid-table, sometimes it's in the Junior Cup but it happens with alarming regularity.

In the first instance this poses questions about why don't the SJFA police reinstatement - and why it is clearly so hard for clubs to avoid falling foul of it (given so many do).

But in the second instance... why even have reinstatement?

It's not a question of registration - it is already covered by SFA. It's not a question of eligibility - my understanding is that reinstatement is only a formality, no panel sits and decides whether each man deserves to be reinstated or not. It's not a question of income - you could just levy ~£10 on every registration.

Why have reinstatement?

Money.

its a stupid rule but all junior sides know when you sign a player from the seniors the first thing you do is reinstate that player.,i cant see the point in another appeal,they have admitted playing the player while not reinstated ,,what grounds would they have for another appeal. .Kilwinning and Buchanhaven both accepted the punishments with dignity

its a stupid rule but all junior sides know when you sign a player from the seniors the first thing you do is reinstate that player.,i cant see the point in another appeal,they have admitted playing the player while not reinstated ,,what grounds would they have for another appeal. .Kilwinning and Buchanhaven both accepted the punishments with dignity

I have no opinion on Downfield as a club, but I don't think clerical errors should be punished by points deductions, particularly for a rule that should no longer exist. I'm guessing the player concerned would have played in the games anyway.

The SFA do not recognise re-instatement, it's a Junior thing. It will be interesting to see what they do with the appeal, assuming there is one.

Congrats to all at kennoway on their promotion.

I spoke to Sean Simpson who played under me previously at Kettle at the very first game of the season and stated that I hoped we both went up. From a personal view I am delighted for both Kennoway Star and Thornton Hibs that their ambitions have been realised.

Great season for the fife and tayside clubs,

Kelty- super league champs,

Haws-cup winners,

Tayport-champs, St Andrews and Broughty both promoted to the super league,

Thornton -champs, and Kennoway Star promoted to the premier league.

Big challenge ahead for all concerned, however the the bigger the challenge, the bigger the response.

Onwards and upwards boys !!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am aware apart from the time the east website showed the 15 point deduction(which it currently does not), there has been no official word of what is going on.

Transparency for the general public at its best.

No news feed

No explanation

Feck all.

Taking the piss.

It's amusing in all of this to think that Mcbookie are probably financially more affected by this than any of the teams.

I still find it odd that although the reinstatement rule is there for all that the regions have different punishments.

Fact is if downfield were in north region they would still be promoted in 2nd position.

Finally still no comment from the ever so popular locheeboy.

I thought Carnoustie at least would have publicised the attempt to relegate them from the same alleged region official.

Archived