Georgia v Scotland

1320Lichtie

I know it's early but may aswell get it started. Won't be long before the Ireland thread turns into Georgia chat.

Anyone going?

Another huge game, hopefully be more upto speed and sharp with the new season already started, hopefully Snodgrass will be back fit.

A real chance to put us right in the mix for automatic qualification before Germany come to Hampden the following Monday.

Assuming Germany beat Poland the group will be

Germany 16

Poland 14

Scotland 14

By the end of the night if we are able to get the 3 points.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are very poor. They've scored 4 goals (3 of which came against Gibraltar), won 1 game (against Gibraltar) and lost the rest. I don't remember them even coming close to worrying Marshall at Ibrox.

It's not going to be that easy though is it? Lose this and we can forget it.

Wouldn't go assuming a German win against the Poles; they still aren't improving. The scoreline of tonight's Gibraltar game masks a first half in which there was very little between the teams. We could easily end up chasing Germany for second place.

The good news is that maybe we've got a chance of a win :thumsup2

Wouldn't go assuming a German win against the Poles; they still aren't improving. The scoreline of tonight's Gibraltar game masks a first half in which there was very little between the teams. We could easily end up chasing Germany for second place.

The good news is that maybe we've got a chance of a win :thumsup2

Interesting one this. Everyone assumes the Germans will win the group, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility for them to drop points in Dublin or Glasgow, even if they beat the Poles at home.

They are very poor. They've scored 4 goals (3 of which came against Gibraltar), won 1 game (against Gibraltar) and lost the rest. I don't remember them even coming close to worrying Marshall at Ibrox.

It's not going to be that easy though is it? Lose this and we can forget it.

Eh... didn't they miss an open goal?

The 1-0 score line masked a pretty big gulf between the sides and they've had a pretty torrid campaign so far.

That said, I don't think any Scotland fan doesn't get a dose of the fear at the thought of Georgia away. It's our Waterloo.

Well, this has taken an interesting turn.

You know any Singaporean betting syndicates who could make this happen, Parscelona?

Georgia v Scotland - Fri 4th September thread for this pish.

That thread is for travel arrangements etc where as this is about the game itself.

Kind of annoys my OCD that we had a combined thread for the game tonight

Archived