William Hill Scottish Cup

Craigyboy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on my tight fisted chum. I'm a bit fed up of hearing all the hyperbole regarding the Junior game. Outwith the top divisions in the East & West the quality is generally howling, with fixtures being watched by one man and his dog. There are exceptions to this further down the leagues but not many.

What you are seeing now is the LL league clubs improving as they stabalise and spend the money they get from the SFA wisely. All clubs should be trying to achieve being licensed and providing decent facilities for the fans. Meanwhile most junior clubs continue to play in "atmospheric" traditional grounds that are falling apart.

The sooner someone at SJFA HQ wakes up and realises they need to engage with the hierarchy about embracing and joining the pyramid the better. Last time I checked we are all non league clubs so surely to f**k we should be playing under the one banner.

If nothing changes then gradually the LL will pull away from the top end of the juniors, and possibly certain large junior clubs will say enough is enough and take the plunge.

A possibility, but I don't particularly subscribe to that theory. The Highland League has been around from the dawn of time and they aren't miles ahead of Junior fitba, only a few clubs at the top end could compete with the top end of the Superleague.

As for the LL, let's not lose sight of the fact that four of them lost, including a home defeat for Preston against HL minnows Fort William and Edinburgh City struggled past Strathspey.

The Kelty result was a bit of a shocker, but I dont see the LL pulling away from the Juniors on the pitch anytime soon although of course I'm a supporter of integrating both "grades".

Its more likely because Beith got mangled 7-2 yesterday and they're bottom of the league!

Not bothered about that.

These things happen.

Could be worse we could be homeless and in a lower division like your team.

WW deserved to escape still in the cup after their horrific journey to get there

but better have Devlin and Keane fit to play if they have any chance in the replay coz their forwards canny score

No when yer sitting on a bench ye canny ;)

Well done ww hope you can get the win next week

Devlin came on but only lasted 10 mins Keane barely made it too half time so i doubt either will feature

A lot of fitba to be played yet.

Wick will be dangerous again on Saturday for sure.

Saying that what a massive difference in playing surfaces it will be.

Ferguson Park tiny compared to the undulations of Harmsworth Park.

I couldn't work oot the contours of it,credit to their groundsman for having it in excellent condition though it made the old City Park look flat :D

Well it was a cracking day out in Gala.

Started at the Harrow Inn which was a bit harrowing apart from the ridiculously cheap beer prices. Nipped across the road to the Sports bar and had a few beers there. Decent wee beer garden and then gave a couple of locals a lesson at pool. Next the Salmon Inn followed by the Auld Mill.

Game was OK with the Gala keeper being the star man with a string of very good saves. Decent wee set up and some nice people - it's just a pity its so far away from the town.

Popped into the Auld Mill for a couple after the game before getting the train home along with a very strange group from Newtongrange who looked like extras from Brokeback Mountain. Some nick to be in at that time of day :lol: .

Archived