Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warburton today saying he is not sure if another bid is going to be put in. Priceless! He runs the football club. I do think he wants him and probably will bid again. ( unless he has better in mind. Which maybe the case) I'm not sure how quick tho as he is cleverly, slowly destroying Hibs morale! Let's not kid ourselves before the Allan bid followed by Saturday's result Hibs morale and confidence was high! He's got Hibs fans arguing, threatening to return their season tickets, a Hibs fan shouting abuse at Allan. Allan benched v Rangers... Unbelievable. Stubbs hasn't talked football since last Wenesday. Only about Allan. Even rumours that if Allan goes he will resign. Brilliant Warburton! However my second point and the most important. A fantastic result and performance from Rangers on Saturday.fantastic signings to bring pace, ability and freshness to the team and Scottish football. It was however the first match and it was a cup tie. One thing at professional level you learn is don't get over confident. It comes back to bite you on the bum! I agree this Rangers season looks the opposite from last but Hibs with Allan and maybe without are still a threat. Rangers fans for the 'grief' and awful, awful performances they have had to watch over the last 3 years deserve to see good football. A repeat of Saturday for the coming season would be good.

I wouldn't want to be an innocent bystander in the vicinity of The_Kincardine walking past a four star hotel, screaming "SPELL IT OUT!" to a bewildered doorman.

Who would have thought getting told to GTF would upset the **** so much :lol:

Bet you were the wee zoomer down near the Rangers fans with the tricolour the other day weren't you ,with his "darling" by his side, wiping his tears away with the flag by the end of the 90 minutes

Now that I've got that off my chest shall we go back to this '****' shite? Spell it out or be damned..

pixel-asterix pixel-asterix pixel-asterix pixel-asterix

Not exactly difficult

Rangers fans for the 'grief' and awful, awful performances they have had to watch over the last 3 years deserve to see good football. A repeat of Saturday for the coming season would be good.

See, this stuff bugs me.

I know that Rangers have not been easy on the eye of late, but let's not pretend the Hately vintage was either.

I also know that given the resources and expenditure involved, Rangers have underachieved these last three seasons.

The reality is though, that they've won two divisional titles during this spell, finished third in another then reached a play-off final. Meanwhile, they've reached the final of the Challenge Cup and a semi in each of the bigger cups. In other words, Rangers have spent the last three seasons winning far far more frequently than they lose.

Now I'm not going to pretend that any of these things represent impressive achievements, because none of them do.

Don't however, treat us to the meaningless received drivel about you suffering grief and deserving better. Why the Hell do you?

Haven't seen Rangers fan celebrate like that since they beat Fiorentina in the UEFA cup semi.

f**k aye. This celebrating shite will never catch on.

This was my original post. I'll edit it.

Beating Hibs by 4 goals was fine/ok/not unexpected. What makes me feel like a dug with 2 dicks is:

• We had a system and stuck by it even if being ragdolled for 30 minutes.
  • 3 of our new signings scored
  • Our manager was crabbit that we didn't do better
  • Our players looked like they could play for another 90 minutes.

These 4 points are like a breath of fresh air if you're a Rangers fan, so allow us a wee moment to be happy.

See, this stuff bugs me. I know that Rangers have not been easy on the eye of late, but let's not pretend the Hately vintage was either. I also know that given the resources and expenditure involved, Rangers have underachieved these last three seasons. The reality is though, that they've won two divisional titles during this spell, finished third in another then reached a play-off final. Meanwhile, they've reached the final of the Challenge Cup and a semi in each of the bigger cups. In other words, Rangers have spent the last three seasons winning far far more frequently than they lose. Now I'm not going to pretend that any of these things represent impressive achievements, because none of them do. Don't however, treat us to the meaningless received drivel about you suffering grief and deserving better. Why the Hell do you?

I don't see many Rangers fans on here claiming to deserve better - although I will caveat that with saying that I don't frequent this section often enough to claim that as fact. I guess everyone looks at their team objectively? Or, most do... I'll admit our support has more than its share of self-entitled roasters. For a reasoned fan (I like to think we have at least a few) I guess it's a sense that - like you say - 'given the resources and expenditure involved, Rangers have underachieved these last three seasons.'

It would be nice to think that, given our larger support and supposed higher income and ability to spend (not opening that can of worms here, just saying on the face of it we should have a much larger budget than the majority of our competitors) then perhaps we maybe should be playing better football than we have been? We certainly shouldn't have spent two seasons in The Championship after spending what we have.

For me it's definitely more about equating the general theme of more money to spend means better and more successful football. It's not as black and white as that, obviously, but that's the general sort of theme throughout the sport.

See, this stuff bugs me.

I know that Rangers have not been easy on the eye of late, but let's not pretend the Hately vintage was either.

I also know that given the resources and expenditure involved, Rangers have underachieved these last three seasons.

The reality is though, that they've won two divisional titles during this spell, finished third in another then reached a play-off final. Meanwhile, they've reached the final of the Challenge Cup and a semi in each of the bigger cups. In other words, Rangers have spent the last three seasons winning far far more frequently than they lose.

Now I'm not going to pretend that any of these things represent impressive achievements, because none of them do.

Don't however, treat us to the meaningless received drivel about you suffering grief and deserving better. Why the Hell do you?

My only two points are: for the last 3 years every week on TV, radio, newspapers, in pubs and in Tesco and wherever it was all talk on finances and administration. Getting stripped of titles etc etc. Secondly just take last season for instance the football was awful and worse! I don't have to go into detail. Regardless of the result most teams played a better passing and entertaining football than Rangers. Livingstone imo only outplayed Rangers home and away at the end of the season when Rangers had to win and Livingstone were at the bottom of the league. Rangers fans played no part with both my points. I think they've done their time for a crime they took no part in.

I don't see many Rangers fans on here claiming to deserve better

My only two points are: for the last 3 years every week on TV, radio, newspapers, in pubs and in Tesco and wherever it was all talk on finances

I suspect you two blokes will post more this season as we all discuss football. This will be refreshing.

Leave the Sevco/Oldco shite to dinosaurs like me and just enjoy a new season with a fresh approach.

Haven't seen Rangers fan celebrate like that since they beat Fiorentina in the UEFA cup semi.

At times I had to keep checking it was the Petrofac cup

We have always celebrated goals at easter road like the the other day , same goes for pittodrie and tynecastle . Only places that beat it are the piggery or Europe away

I suspect you two blokes will post more this season as we all discuss football. This will be refreshing.

Leave the Sevco/Oldco shite to dinosaurs like me and just enjoy a new season with a fresh approach.

Cheers mate! All football fans are special and deserve better most weeks! Definitely more special than most players. Football fans spend their money to support their club while the vast majority of players only thought is money in their pocket. Ask Mr McCoist!

Archived