Summer Transfers 2015/2016

To be fair to Smith i don't doubt he tries hard but he just isn't good enough, a prime example being he played in the cup final and i didn't even know he was on the park till he got subbed, kinda sums him up. That said he could go somewhere else and be a success, it's just not happened for him with us, and i really can't see him getting a game next season, a loan would probably be the best thing for him.

Well I don't know what game you were watching but I would have to disagree. His constant runs down the left wing caused havoc for the ICT defence in the first half. His intelligent runs allow others to come in to play. His crossing ability is second to none and can always beat a man 8/10.

However you are right, he needs to be playing games and he won't be able to get this at Falkirk at the moment. A permanent move or a loan is the best option for him.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im assuming this is a wind up and an attempt to get McKinnon to take the appalling Mr Smith off our hands, but I will bite anyway as Im new a bit slow on the uptake, For me, Smith was only 2nd to Morgan in the worst player of the year stakes. A waste of a jersey - no desire, no heart, limited ability - just a nothing player. His party piece is to beat a man but then run the ball out of play or never get a cross to a team mate. He was gash in both semi final and final - even the fairly limited Biabi showing him up both times impact-wise. Anyway - rant over - lets hope Houstie gets his summer transfers right this season as we cant afford to give 2 year deals to more waste of spaces like Smith.

8/10 you having a laugh? The boy shouldn't have been playing in the cup final nor should he be near our starting 11. He has the pace but rarely uses it and his crossing is woeful, usually ending up in the stand. This has surely got to be a wind up.

8/10 you having a laugh? The boy shouldn't have been playing in the cup final nor should he be near our starting 11. He has the pace but rarely uses it and his crossing is woeful, usually ending up in the stand. This has surely got to be a wind up.

I fail to see the hilarity here to be honest. The amount of times I've seen him skin a defender this year, to then put a great ball in the box before the crowd all go 'why is there nobody in the box attacking the cross?' It's not his fault if he hasn't got the players to cross the ball to. I'm sure it won't be a problem for him when he does eventually leave us and could bite us on the backside when he plays against us.

I fail to see the hilarity here to be honest. The amount of times I've seen him skin a defender this year, to then put a great ball in the box before the crowd all go 'why is there nobody in the box attacking the cross?' It's not his fault if he hasn't got the players to cross the ball to. I'm sure it won't be a problem for him when he does eventually leave us and could bite us on the backside when he plays against us.

You must be as bored as f**k.

Archie Campbell away to Clyde? A player I always liked, and in sure we actually tried to sign him at the start of last season or the one before. What happened?

He signed for Clyde not long after the season finished. He wasnt very good for us at all, think he only managed 2-3 goals all year for us. Does have pace to burn but lacked composure for me, always felt even when he did get a clean chance he just wasnt going to score.

He has had one full decent game against Cowdenbeath....hopes he would step up from there onwards.....nope. A few decent cameo performances from the bench but more terrible ones than good. He had one of the worst debut games I've seen, lacked the desire and hunger which every player tends to at least show on first game, I came away thinking was he on the park, a feeling that's continued.

I've posted elsewhere that I hope both Smith and Cooper kick on in that sometimes a player can take a bit time to settle but I'd cut my losses with Smith now, like MacDonald I'd rather play against him than having him in my team.....

Looks like we going to wrap up the signing of Martin Boyle from Dundee on a two year deal. Was getting better towards the end of the season am I am happy with that.

Rumours we are after 27yr old 6ft 5" Cardiff City keeper Joe Lewis.

Where are you hearing this? He was a cracking 'keeper when he was with Peterborough, was an U21 regular with England and was even called up to the senior squad a few times. He played nearly every game for Blackpool in the Championship last season.

He once came on as an outfielder for the 21s as well.

Would be shocked if he dropped to this level, and even more shocked if Falkirk could afford him.

Joe_Lewis_280x390_821939a.jpg

Where are you hearing this? He was a cracking 'keeper when he was with Peterborough, was an U21 regular with England and was even called up to the senior squad a few times. He played nearly every game for Blackpool in the Championship last season.

Would be shocked if he dropped to this level, and even more shocked if Falkirk could afford him.

My English team is Posh and I would agree he was an outstanding goalkeeper am sure we paid 500k for him and then he left us for Cardiff. Was on a hiding to nothing last season by playing for Blackpool if he was available given that we don't have a keeper would love to see him at Hibs

Worst Blackpool side in history

Archived