Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not, you need a committee to buy into what your doing and as I said before the plans were there and they ignored them for the "better" option and it didn't work, had they been relegated I'm sure they woulda been happy in the south league, saving a fortune on buses :) :) :)

Who's plans? surely the coaching staff look after the playing side and go with their own plans, or do some clubs still have committee interference?

After last season the plan for the next was in place with all signing targets secured and on paper only to be told by the powers that be that they wanted to go in another direction.......

Who's plan? who's signing targets?

After last season the plan for the next was in place with all signing targets secured and on paper only to be told by the powers that be that they wanted to go in another direction.......

But your season took Bathgate backwards, so why accept your plan?

The committee made the decision on the new manager at the start of the season but unfortunately a worse league position than the previous yr and if not for Ballingry folding Bathgate were relegated so really the manager has to go, do you give him another season, probably not.

You cant keep hiring and firing every season, its not good for the players or the fans as there is no continuity at the club from one season to anther, they must get it right this season and get someone in who will be given time to develop the squad and the club as a whole.

The committee made the decision on the new manager at the start of the season but unfortunately a worse league position than the previous yr and if not for Ballingry folding Bathgate were relegated so really the manager has to go, do you give him another season, probably not.

You cant keep hiring and firing every season, its not good for the players or the fans as there is no continuity at the club from one season to anther, they must get it right this season and get someone in who will be given time to develop the squad and the club as a whole.

I agree they need to get it right, I must also say that the last couple of years they have been trying to get it right, unfortunately the last couple of appointments for whatever reason haven't worked out as they would have hoped. What people have to realise is Bathgate have to live within their means and at present I would say that the small committee are doing their utmost to make sure that the club is sustainable long term at the highest level possible. These are my thoughts as someone who doesn't see Bathgate as often as I did a couple of years ago, but appreciate how hard the small committee they have works!!

I hope they do find a manager who can develope a side while they continue to sustain the clubs future!!!!!

Archived