The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Aye. Some season. That was a quality team we had.

Both those teams would hold their own in the Premiership these days, imo. Yinited splashed a fair amount of cash to bounceback (eventually) at the first attempt.

A lot of folk turned away at the gates too. Official crowd was about 14,000 :o

Both those teams would hold their own in the Premiership these days, imo. Yinited splashed a fair amount of cash to bounceback (eventually) at the first attempt.A lot of folk turned away at the gates too. Official crowd was about 14,000 :o

what was the score?

That is a crystal clear fact, champ.

I can't deny that you drew one more game than us this season and dragged yourselves to an impressive (for you) fifth place.

However, as has been discussed at length, I can't accept that you are our betters until you've managed 18 unbroken years of league superiority in my lifetime.

The fact that your idea of a 'superb' (your word) season is one point better than our idea of 'one of our worst seasons in living memory', underlines exactly how small-time Morton really are. Or, unfair as this is, I could point to people in the past couple of pages here reminiscing about the halcyon days of a third place finish 20 fucking years ago  :lol:

But you're right, you did draw one more game than us this season. Well done.

tfMAc6KrXW-6.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

I can't deny that you drew one more game than us this season and dragged yourselves to an impressive (for you) fifth place.

However, as has been discussed at length, I can't accept that you are our betters until you've managed 18 unbroken years of league superiority in my lifetime.

The fact that your idea of a 'superb' (your word) season is one point better than our idea of 'one of our worst seasons in living memory', underlines exactly how small-time Morton really are. Or, unfair as this is, I could point to people in the past couple of pages here reminiscing about the halcyon days of a third place finish 20 fucking years ago  :lol:

But you're right, you did draw one more game than us this season. Well done.

tfMAc6KrXW-6.png

In December they were 11 points ahead of Saints.

Morton actually had the chance to go 15 points clear of us at one point. All they had to do was beat our worst ever side.

When football Historians talk about this Championship season in 100 years time, all they will talk about is how the mighty Ton finished ahead of their little rivals.

St mirren haven't finished ahead of us in the same league in god knows how many years, so who's the real under achievers here?

When football Historians talk about this Championship season in 100 years time, all they will talk about is how the mighty Ton finished ahead of their little rivals.

St mirren haven't finished ahead of us in the same league in god knows how many years, so who's the real under achievers here?

• Definitely your mob ,really don't think people will be talking about this Championship season next year never mind in a 100 (although it could be all the talk down Greenock way for years and years) ,any how up our way we now and again mention that Morton haven't beat Saints in 17 years.

Nobody cares about what you can or can't accept: the league table speaks for itself. Back in your box, you utterly raging simpleton.

1282014053.png

Nobody cares about what you can or can't accept: the league table speaks for itself. Back in your box, you utterly raging simpleton.

Can't win against a rank rotten saints team.  Finish one point ahead of the worst saints side in years.  And this is looked at as a success for the ton.

1282014053.png

^^^ Falling back on personal insults, hackneyed memes and his favourite 'back in your box' slogan when his wit predictably falls short yet again. I would say I thought you were better than that, but I really, really didn't.

I wish my expectations were as low as yours; that way I might think we'd had a 'superb' season as well. I guess that's what years of sustained inferiority has done for you.