West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carried out a BC pitch inspection at Lanark today. Definitely playable so have to hope that the weather remains kind over the next 36 hours or so for us to have our match v Ashfield. Fingers crossed.

Carried out a BC pitch inspection at Lanark today. Definitely playable so have to hope that the weather remains kind over the next 36 hours or so for us to have our match v Ashfield. Fingers crossed.

Only played 2 league games in the past 12 weeks and looking at how heavy the frost has been overnight I'd say the odds are against us playing today. Fingers crossed.

Lanark 1 Ashfield 2

Another poor performance from a team with promotion ambitions.

0-2 down at ht to 2 good goals, although we should have had a penalty that even the Ashfield guys thought was nailed on. Came out fighting 2nd half. Keeper had 2 excellent saves and we missed a sitter but it took a defensive blunder with about 7 minutes to go to get us back in it.

Thought we looked sluggish today. Lack of games showed. Our new signings have not set the heather on fire.

Just learnt that VoL got a point at Lang today which takes the sting out of our first league defeat of the season, a bit anyway!

Vale should have won, which sounds ridiculous as Cambuslang were 3-0 up after 10 minutes. Vale fought back to lead 4-3 and missed umpteen chances before Cambuslang equalised. Even after that, though, Vale hit the bar before Cambuslang had a goal disallowed in the 90th minute. Great entertainment for £5, defences not on their best form. ;-)

What view did u have of the disallowed goal?

I thought it was a very poor decision but I would.

I was right behind the goal, so didn't have the best angle to see it. The ref's whistle did go a second or two before Messi put the ball in the net, so I don't think it was given against him. Not many Cambuslang players protested, certainly Messi didn't.

Archived