ADL 2015/16

They won't cause darvel are shite

What happened to your favourite word "honkin"?

Oh I see you now use that to describe Cambuslang.

Keep up the good work Cha , you are such an original poster , interesting, erudite and clearly well informed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a personal opinion on the teams for promotion this year as this will be the toughest league for a long time.

I see Girvan as the best bet with a new manager in place and the signings he has made. The other candidates for promotion will come from Irvine Vics and Ardeer as both have the experience from being promoted the previous season, Whitletts and Darvel should push these teams close although Whitletts have been disappointing the last 2 seasons considering their outlay to sign players. Darvel's problems will be when the winter sets in and the problems with their pitch and fall behind with their fixtures.

As for the rest Saltcoats and Dalry will beat teams but consistency seems to be a problem although Saltcoats might be a dark horse with Derek Frye in charge. My outside bet for promotion is Annbank at the price of 33/1 as a good each way chance with Johnny Baillie in charge with some good signings in the close season.

Murkirk will improve under George Grierson as he will get them better organised and the signings he has made and a tremendous appointment by Muirkirk with Kello Rovers having a good finish to the season last year but they seem to like airing their problems on their Facebook page which really doesn't help the morale of the club and could struggle againthis season. Unfortunately I see Craigmark continuing where they left off last season.

When exactly is the winter going to set in down the valley? Darvel have only had one home game postponed this year and that was due to a nationwide freeze when hardly a game was played. Be interesting to know how many other teams playing on grass can match this?

When exactly is the winter going to set in down the valley? Darvel have only had one home game postponed this year and that was due to a nationwide freeze when hardly a game was played. Be interesting to know how many other teams playing on grass can match this?

Lugar can more than match that as there have been two teams playing there since the end of October. If I remember correctly the park was played on six weeks in a row

Lugar can more than match that as there have been two teams playing there since the end of October. If I remember correctly the park was played on six weeks in a row

6 games postponed between you.

Can Lugars Rosebank park take four games in fourteen days? Ardeer today Dalry next sat, Cumnock v Ardrossan Wed 20/04  Cumnock v Meadow Sat 23/04.This will be interesting.

You have done well sweep. My point was about the poster suggesting Darvel had a problem with their pitch which is contradicted by the facts. Hope things go well for you. Some result for you today !

You have done well sweep. My point was about the poster suggesting Darvel had a problem with their pitch which is contradicted by the facts. Hope things go well for you. Some result for you today !

I take no praise I am there to help a team who are struggling. Darvel have had a very successful season with everything Still  to play for. I thought they were fortunate to win both games against Lugar but that's water under the bridge . Rosebank park . Lugar have played fifteen competitive games( Kello switched league cup) Cumnock have played seven. The lugar tournament Four games and Lugar played three friendlies.The youth played twice There have been a total of 31 games on Rosebank since the start of August. It works out at just under a game a week.

In all honesty do you believe that Darvel deserved to beat Lugar twice?

Last six games against Lugar have been a draw followed by five Darvel wins on the trot, none of which we deserved but we'll take the points sweep.

I never ever put you down for this sort of individual. I always regarded you as level headed. I will say it again did Darvel deserve to beat Lugar twice?

uote]

Listen carefully sweep. I have never had a go at you or Lugar . Quite the contrary. If you want to make personal insults speak to me. We were out of sight in the first game and let you back in to a game we should have won comfortably, due to a mixture of inexperience and complacency. In the return match we did the same and then nearly paid the price, but any team that wins a game with two goals in the last 3 minutes deserves to win and any team that loses two goals in the last 3 minutes deserves to have a look at themselves.

We won both games fairly, we deserved to win them and the three before them. The draw was a disappointment as I thought we could have won it but it was a good game and you deserved the draw.

I am dissappointrd to read that you agree with previous comments Terry as there are 2 young lads on bench that have been waiting for their opportunity by turning up regularly at matches & training, do we just tell them that supporters think they are wasting their time then?

its not a case of they not good enough it cud be as simple as they don't have the experience yet to change a game yes they are young. But at least they get a chance to go on and are not just left there u can't say u wud start any of them before Balfour up front young boys are there to learn from the. Older more experienced guys in team

Aye we did simple as that , next question ?

Darvel Legend after a hard fought battle on Saturday what's your thoughts about the Muirkirk young guns? thought the game was played in a good tempo and spirit

Darvel Legend after a hard fought battle on Saturday what's your thoughts about the Muirkirk young guns? thought the game was played in a good tempo and spirit

If Darvel had taken their chances could have been three or four up at half time but they didn't that said they coped with Murkirk comfortably some decent players in Murkirk team but lacked physical strength and experience but imo they are gradually getting better under GG.best of luck to them for the future.

Darvel Legend after a hard fought battle on Saturday what's your thoughts about the Muirkirk young guns? thought the game was played in a good tempo and spirit

We won in a canter without getting out of 2nd gear and apart from getting a penalty kick after numerous dives I couldn't see yous scoring but it's good to see a young team giving their all and hopefully you can keep them together once they prove they are good enough for junior football

Archived