St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've read Aberdeen weren't keen on a season long deal at first, that is what stalled the deal and the fact Aberdeen were in Europe and needed to bring other players in before they could let players go.

I do think the McLean deal from last season has played a part in this deal though.

Our manager said today at the press conference that Shankland had other options in the Championship and he picked St Mirren.

Our manager said today at the press conference that Shankland had other options in the Championship and he picked St Mirren.

When he must be a bellend like Gallacher, or eh he most probably getting more money at St.Mirren

When he must be a bellend like Gallacher, or eh he most probably getting more money at St.Mirren

How will he be getting more money? You do realise that in loan situations, there's no financial negotiating between player and club. Aberdeen will have wanted his full wage covered and presumably all four clubs who were in for him agreed to this or he wouldn't have had a choice of them.

He'll still be getting his wage slip from Aberdeen for his full contracted wage, regardless of where he goes and not a penny more or less.

Andy Webster's agents ' @viola_fc ' have just tweeted that he has signed a 2 year deal with us...

This would be quite the coup... Now just the picture of him holding the strip...

Some signing.

I know it's been a frustrating summer for St Mirren fans, even more so after such a poor start, but the quality of the signings over the last week has vindicated Murray's patience.

Saints are at Celtic Park tomorrow, so I think I might pop along to watch you guys instead.

BOOOOOOOOOOO - am I doing it right?

Some signing.

I know it's been a frustrating summer for St Mirren fans, even more so after such a poor start, but the quality of the signings over the last week has vindicated Murray's patience.

Saints are at Celtic Park tomorrow, so I think I might pop along to watch you guys instead.

Throw in some "you don't know what your doing!" Shouts at the officials, even when they get things right & you're sorted

Some signing.

A couple of more OOOO's added on and you'll be fine.

If we lose a goal be sure to shout f**k OFF MURRAY.

This is a real coup for Murray and the club, especially since he apparently rejected at least one top flight club to come to us. This is our best signing on paper since Thompson in 2012.

Webster is an experienced international player with 28 Scotland caps, he's a Scottish cup winning captain and he was playing regularly in League 1 with Coventry last season. He's just turned 33 too so is a decent age. In terms of caliber, he's right at the top end of what a club like us could be signing.

Murray was chasing two targets all summer in Shankland and Webster. He's finally got them both, now just one last thing he needs..... Some wins...

I think Webster has turned down Kilmarnock. Gary Locke has pulled out of his media duties today as he's desperate to sign a central defender before this weekend. They've apparently lost Mark Connolly for the next 6 weeks.

I think Webster has turned down Kilmarnock. Gary Locke has pulled out of his media duties today as he's desperate to sign a central defender before this weekend. They've apparently lost Mark Connolly for the next 6 weeks.

Aye Div mentioned that.

He is ex Hearts so ticks Locke's box. Will probably go for Zaliukas now.

Archived