St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Not pleasant on the eye but not worth getting worried about. I'd imagine we were well reimbursed in terms of finances, loanees or both to pap up a temporary sign which will be there for a fortnight.

It's still ugly though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit more like renting out a synagogue to a butchers called "bacon rashers r us" with a big sign of a pig.

Spot on.

Actually, no it isn't, it's nothing like that. It's a football club using another football club's grass, facilities and shops for a couple of weeks.

Spot on.

Actually, no it isn't, it's nothing like that. It's a football club using another football club's grass, facilities and shops for a couple of weeks.

Exactly. I was far more outraged at last season's kits.

Spot on.

So, no bacon then?

Are people actually upset about this? :lol:

Quite rightly. Your home stadium should be be precious, and not to be whored out, its the one thing about your club that should never betray you. I cant believe the St Mirren board agreed to this for a couple of loan signings

Football fans can be so precious at times.

If Celtic want to splash cash as wildly as their ex-rivals, let them. The cash made from this will go a long way to make up the shortfall in dropping a division.

Agree completely with this. If we're getting decent money for putting up a bit of temporary branding, how is it "sickening"? It looks pretty ugly but you'd think they'd painted a mural of Jim Torbett over the main entrance or something.

WGAF?

I couldn't care less. We are being paid to rent our stadium out. As long as they refrain from tearing the seats out the stands they can do what they like.

Besides, let's see how long the signs last without being unfortunately vandalised.

'sake man, you're obsessed. Here y'ar.

Miss-Piggy-for-MAC-the-muppets-27014337-

Point was that it's a public issue, not a private one like decorating a rented house. It's up to St Mirren fans how they feel about it (I'm quite certain plenty of Jews enjoy the odd bacon rasher).

Archived