Morton 2015/2016 Thread.

I know its not quite GTF day yet, but if the skunks have a thread, then so can we!

Squad so far.

Keepers.

Derek Gaston.

Grant Adam*

Defenders.

Mark Russell

Rikki Lamie.

Lee Kilday.

Tam Oware

Midfielders.

Stefan McCluskey

Bobby Barr.

Michael Tidser.

Connor Pepper

Ross Forbes

Joe Mckee

Michael Miller*

Strikers.

Peter McDonald.

Jon Scullion.

*Apparently agreed terms. Still waiting for confirmation that they have signed.

Squad of 15 so far and Duffy has said he expects another 4 or 5 with centre halves and strikers being his top priority.

Its looking not bad considering its only May but the 4 or 5 expected new additions need to be championship quality to allow us to compete.

We still need a centre back, a right back, a holding midfielder, a wide midfielder and two strikers at a minimum. We'll probably only get four or five rather than six though.

If we could have a an XI looking something like this I'd be happy:

Gaston

New- O'Ware - New - Russell

New

Barr - Forbes - Tidser - New

MacDonald/New

However, if we do only get four more signings, I fear that we're not going to have any more midfielders and he's just going to use Miller or O'Ware in holding midfield which would turn out disastrously, as well either going 4-4-2 and shunting one of Tidser & Forbes out wide, or having McCluskey or McKee as starters in a 4-5-1, which neither are good enough for.

I'll wait and see who we get before making any predictions, but these signings absolutely need to be spot on if we're going to stay up. Tidser and Forbes will make for an excellent central midfield, but if they've got little help from out wide and no one in the middle with them to give the defence protection you can't expect them to carry us through games. MacDonald is still an excellent player but we can't expect him to be fit every week and while I rate Scullion I don't see him being too great as a lone striker, so the new strikers need to be up to it. I think O'Ware and Miller could be solid centre backs at this level but only if they've better players alongside them, and Kilday isn't good enough to be first choice.

There are already quite a few good players available so I'm excited to see who we get.

Archived