The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's yoker you need to catch , 4 down as you know and ardrossan will pick up enough points to move clear I think . Massive game v yoker then

They're all massive games, to be honest. I really don't think there's a big gap between the top and bottom of this league. In the past few weeks we've seen Largs losing at home to Maybole and holding on for a home draw v us last week. You don't see many thrashings in this league this season.

You're right, it's a huge game for us next week, and hopefully we'll have Andy Neil and Ryan Docherty back to bolster the defence/midfield, and maybe wee Tait up front as well.

I think it is debatable. Some will say the striker jumped into Hutchison, others will say it's a clear penalty. I can see why it was given, but there's no point in debating it as I wasn't there to see it for myself from a different angle, and it won't change the decision.

Heartbreaking for us this afternoon, another two points slip away in the 92nd minute as we draw for the 5th time. I only saw the first 15 minutes because of family business today, but we should have been 3-0 up in that time. When I got the text that Cumbernauld had scored right on half time I feared the worst, and when Alan Muir was red carded I was waiting for the inevitable text for an equaliser. But when it got to the 92nd minute I thought my phone was bleeping for full time, it was like a knife to a balloon when I read about Cumbernauld's penalty equaliser. I'm told it's a highly debatable one as well, but I'll judge for myself from Gerry's video. It felt like a defeat, to be honest. Two wins, five draws, five defeats. We need to put teams away when we're dominating a match like we were today. If we don't then we'll go down.

We're still very much in touch, though, only 3 points behind Shotts with a game in hand and a better goal difference, and 4 points behind Yoker who we play next. And 13 games (half a season) to play after that.

When you say it was "like a knife to a balloon" glensmad, there may be some posters thinking you were talking about yourself.

Not me of course you understand.

To be fair, now that I've looked at it a few times more, it probably is a penalty. I'd like to see it from an 18-yard line camera though, but unfortunately Gerry isn't Sky Sports. ;-)

Definite penalty. Look at some of the other challenges that were flying in from the Glens team throughout the game. Pretty poor discipline in their part. Surprised they only had one sent off in the end. Gave the ref an easy decision to make when the big keeper grounded the Cumbernauld attacker!

If you read my posts above, you'll see I've acknowledged that I think it's a penalty.

Put your reading glasses on. 8)

You mentioned you heard it was debatable as you weren't at the game. Yes ?

You then watched it on film and still said it was debatable. Yes ?

You then changed your mind cause there was no debate. Yes ?

No glasses needed here :thumsup2

I don't have any desire to go into your clubs match report to hunt for information. We are in this thread discussing things yet no mention.

Now you are trying to debate one penalty decision that was given against your team as if you were hard done to. Yet you cant find it within yourself to at least be fair and mention that your team should have had another penalty given against them and that you were maybe a touch fortunate to get away with it.

Just for the record, what's your thoughts on the penalty that wasn't given ?

If you are going to grumble against the so called debatable decisions in the game please even it out.

You mentioned you heard it was debatable as you weren't at the game. Yes ?

You then watched it on film and still said it was debatable. Yes ?

You then changed your mind cause there was no debate. Yes ?

No glasses needed here :thumsup2

Pretty much, yes. I said it was "debatable", that doesn't mean that I don't think it was a penalty. There's been plenty of debate about it, and most of it pretty one-sided, to be fair. I've been open and honest and admitted that the more I've looked at it the more it looks like a penalty. Now why the continual need to try to bait me, when I'm actually agreeing with you ?

I don't have any desire to go into your clubs match report to hunt for information. We are in this thread discussing things yet no mention.

Now you are trying to debate one penalty decision that was given against your team as if you were hard done to. Yet you cant find it within yourself to at least be fair and mention that your team should have had another penalty given against them and that you were maybe a touch fortunate to get away with it.

Just for the record, what's your thoughts on the penalty that wasn't given ?

If you are going to grumble against the so called debatable decisions in the game please even it out.

If you'd bothered to take a minute or two to read the report, instead of typing the above post (which would probably have taken you longer), you would have seen the following paragraph in the report (which I wrote) which makes my opinion crystal clear :-

"There were strong shouts for a penalty kick for Cumbernauld when Clark skipped past Hadden on the right and then cut the ball back as he was tackled by Muir, but the referee waved play on, and that appeared to be a lucky break for Glencairn."

End of debate, I think.

Archived