The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last years league was dominated by central clubs, however I have a feeling this time around it could be Ayrshire dominating the promotion places.

Would like to see Glencairn, Yoker and Cumbernauld do well.

But most importantly hopefully i don't have to take more than a passing interest in this thread rather than look at who could swap places / playoff match with Pollok like has been the case in our recent premier league campaigns

Hard to tell at this stage of the season - our pre-season was excellent last season and we qualified as winners of our SLC group, before we crash and burned. There's certainly a change though with the Bankies, we've had some amazing memories in the past competing in this league and hopefully we can make more this season. We got what we deserved last season but hopefully won't be too long before we're back competing at the highest level once more.

Really tough league this year, with the 3 teams coming down from the premier and good sides getting promoted, it is mad as u can be top one week and in the relegation zone a few games later with poor results, very competitive and looking forward to it

Which ones ? I've only seen bookies offering odds for winning the league, not for relegation. Perhaps you could clarify ?

Awfully interested Peter considering you don't bet. Is that so you can go tell the manager, is he a gambling man?

Awfully interested Peter considering you don't bet. Is that so you can go tell the manager, is he a gambling man?

I'm just curious as to which bookie is offering odds on relegation, as I've never seen that before.

I can upload picture of the email if you like or message you it on Twitter glensmad. Enquired as it seemed a good call early on but was surprised by the 4/6 response. Crazy!

No need, as I said I'll take your word for it.

He's taking a year out to let his foot recover, as the bones in his foot keep breaking

That is a shame for him and a blow to Shotts. I wish him good luck with his recovery and return to full fitness.

Ok, so here we go. Here are the opening fixtures for Saturday :-

Ardrossan Winton Rovers v Clydebank

Blantyre Victoria v Rutherglen Glencairn

Cumbernauld United v Maybole Juniors

Greenock Juniors v Cumnock Juniors

Kilsyth Rangers v Bellshill Athletic

Largs Thistle v Shotts Bon Accord

Yoker Athletic v Kilwinning Rangers

How are we feeling ahead of the big kick off, after the Sectional League Cups ?

Archived