Vale of Clyde vs Benburb

connolly81

All 3 teams fighting relegation (same goes for instances where promotion/title is up for grabs) should be playing their final games at the same time on the same day.

If you can't field a team, lose the points or forfeit your place in the cups.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All 3 teams fighting relegation (same goes for instances where promotion/title is up for grabs) should be playing their final games at the same time on the same day.

If you can't field a team, lose the points or forfeit your place in the cups"

I still don't understand why there is no fixture list set up for the whole season or for months in advance! Everyone would be at an equal pegging with games and we would maybe see more professionalism!

I've recently seen amateur teams play with 8 or 9 players just to get game played cos they were told if they don't fulfill fixture they would b fined. So it's absolutely shocking junior teams not fulfilling fixture due to injuries(maybe junior football has it own rules, I'm not sure on that).

I'm pretty sure they'd be able to find players as trialists as well if they put it up on their Facebook/Twitter that they were struggling. I know I'd be up for a game lol.

Just to clarify Benburb have not cancelled any league games due to injuries! They gave up a cup tie as they couldn't field 11 signed players. I don't know why the recent league game for Larkhall was postponed but it was NOT due to injuries

You want to see junior football be more professional yet you want to compare it to amateur football. It would be amateur for a junior team to turn up with that amount of players and play. ...

Fabi is right, this has been blown out of proportion.

And just to clarify. ..the players who were injured through the week are still injured now. No games or any request for todays game to be cancelled have even been thought about. Maybe if the fixture man came out to clarify every so often then things would be clear. He puts fixtures up the week before. How are teams meant to plan and organise with that organisation?!

You get what you deserve over the course of a season having to rely on other teams or moan because a game is off is embarrassing maybe more time concentration could have went into the previous 24/25 league rather than just now good luck to the 3 teams still in relegation fight whoever deserves to stay up will stay up

So its not an unlevel playing field if one team move games through injuries yet the others have to make do with playing trialists to fulfil the fixtures? Thats not gaining any kind of advantage?

You get what you deserve over the course of a season having to rely on other teams or moan because a game is off is embarrassing maybe more time concentration could have went into the previous 24/25 league rather than just now good luck to the 3 teams still in relegation fight whoever deserves to stay up will stay up

You are right in what you say. The season is based over 26 games in our division and of course we have struggled. We have struggled to gather a team all season long but we have still managed to fulfil out fixtures. We have been playing games with less than 11 signed players and bringing guys in who we have never seen before just to get the fixture played. We have never requested to have a match postponed. On Wednesday night for instance we played Maryhill and started with two trialists who we haven't watched. There is a difference between a game being called off for weather and fixture clashes with cups and stuff but are we in the wrong for going out and trying to make up the numbers when it appears we could have just asked for a postponement?

The league table does not lie, but, this situation is clearly not equitable and should not be allowed. We all have injury problems, suspensions, work commitments, holidays etc but we manage to put a team out, even if it is far from what we would wish.

This decision sets a precedent. If a team doesn't fancy it next season because they have some gaps they can pull out the injury card to play to the SJFA.

Archived